The Student Room Group

What is the worst thing you've ever said to someone

In real life or online

I think I've just accomplished mine:

I'm listening to Aerosmith and this woman commented that she's "81 and in a wheelchair and still rocks out to aerosmith". I kid you the hell not. Old lady pic and all..Everyone was basically like, I wanna be like you when I'm old.

But I said, "and who the hell taught you how to use the internet, grandma?"

:s-smilie:

I'm...not in a very good mood this evening.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Salt Queen
In real life or online

I think I've just accomplished mine:

I'm listening to Aerosmith and this woman commented that she's "81 and in a wheelchair and still rocks out to aerosmith". I kid you the hell not. Old lady pic and all..Everyone was basically like, I wanna be like you when I'm old.

But I said, "and who the hell taught you how to use the internet, grandma?"

:s-smilie:

I'm...not in a very good mood this evening.

"Your GCSEs aren't good enough for Oxbridge" is probably the worst thing you can say on TSR
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
"Your GCSEs aren't good enough for Oxbridge" is probably the worst thing you can say on TSR

This didn't happen on tsr 😌
Was probably when I was at a wedding two years back. I was at the reception and getting merry as you do etc, and a toast was called and for everyone to stand up for the speech. I was basically a little drunk at this point and there was someone who I thought was being inconsiderate and didn't stand up so I walked over and shouted "Why the f**k you still sat down for! Get up you lazy sod!" Only to then realise it was someone in a wheelchair.*facepalm* so just as it all fell silent and everyone staired at me (I wanted the ground to swallow me up at this point) I then stupidly said"Alright alright I'm walking away!!" Ergh, will never forget that day.
Probably saying "summmer ends tommorow"
I got pissed before I did my best man's speech at my best mate's wedding and right at the start of my speech, told them that this was the most s***ty, disorganised wedding I'd ever been to :rofl:
Original post by angelofessence
Was probably when I was at a wedding two years back. I was at the reception and getting merry as you do etc, and a toast was called and for everyone to stand up for the speech. I was basically a little drunk at this point and there was someone who I thought was being inconsiderate and didn't stand up so I walked over and shouted "Why the f**k you still sat down for! Get up you lazy sod!" Only to then realise it was someone in a wheelchair.*facepalm* so just as it all fell silent and everyone staired at me (I wanted the ground to swallow me up at this point) I then stupidly said"Alright alright I'm walking away!!" Ergh, will never forget that day.

That's gtfo material
Original post by Salt Queen
That's gtfo material

Well lets put it this way, I lost a job because of it
Original post by angelofessence
Well lets put it this way, I lost a job because of it

Weddings. the land of regrets.
I take it you people are either really nice or you don't want to post in my thread 😭
Had a mate in New York went out there for internship and we were hanging out one day and I said ‘I don’t like the neighbood I’m staying at I feel like I’m going to get mugged’. Next day got a text message from her saying she thought I was racist and this broke her heart and she blocked and deleted me and gave no chance to explain or apologise and I never heard from her again.

All I meant was that I felt like I was going to get mugged because I was a tourist on my own in a high crime rate neighbourhood.

Still completely baffled by this experience I guess the moral of the story is if you have yank mates don’t ****ing bother
online is real life to many these days 👀 stay woke
if thats the WORST thing you've ever said to anyone then you're actually a fairly decent human being
Original post by yungaheartz
if thats the WORST thing you've ever said to anyone then you're actually a fairly decent human being

Lol thanks I felt so guilty
Original post by Dominoes
Had a mate in New York went out there for internship and we were hanging out one day and I said ‘I don’t like the neighbood I’m staying at I feel like I’m going to get mugged’. Next day got a text message from her saying she thought I was racist and this broke her heart and she blocked and deleted me and gave no chance to explain or apologise and I never heard from her again.

All I meant was that I felt like I was going to get mugged because I was a tourist on my own in a high crime rate neighbourhood.

Still completely baffled by this experience I guess the moral of the story is if you have yank mates don’t ****ing bother

Was she black
Me and my friends went out to play football and a mate/not so close friend (he's a down to earth, nice guy) also came along and he was the goal keeper. He let in some really easy goals. So basically next time I saw him I found out he broke up with his girlfriend and I said to him "did she leave you because you're not a keeper"
My personality is really bubbly and I enjoy talking. The nicest boy in my year group is really shy and has NEVER insulted ANYONE in my year group. He is lovely he really is. I was sitting next to my best friend in maths and we were having a laugh (this was year 8) and it was great every lesson was bants. Eventually my teacher had to move me and moved me next to the free seat next to this boy. I said out loud 'no please he is so borin-' and stopped myself cause i realised what i said was awful. Felt so bad, i sat next to him either way and we actually became quite good friends (although he doesn't really speak so its just me speaking lmao)

He said it was fine, thankfully he wasnt offended
Original post by Ismaeel Ali
My personality is really bubbly and I enjoy talking. The nicest boy in my year group is really shy and has NEVER insulted ANYONE in my year group. He is lovely he really is. I was sitting next to my best friend in maths and we were having a laugh (this was year 8) and it was great every lesson was bants. Eventually my teacher had to move me and moved me next to the free seat next to this boy. I said out loud 'no please he is so borin-' and stopped myself cause i realised what i said was awful. Felt so bad, i sat next to him either way and we actually became quite good friends (although he doesn't really speak so its just me speaking lmao)

He said it was fine, thankfully he wasnt offended

He probably did take it offensively but just doesn't show it.:frown:
goodbye to everyone except YOU

said in year 3 to a boy that had a crush on me but was gross because he picked his nose
Original post by tamil fever
He probably did take it offensively but just doesn't show it.:frown:

:frown: :frown: :frown: please don't it kills me to this day. Pretty sure he has forgotten to this day (we're in year 12 now) since we are still friends and still talk

Quick Reply

Latest