The Student Room Group

Significance of touching a friends arm?

Hi everyone,

I bumped into one of my old friends from my old school today - it's been about three years since we left and last saw each other in-person.

We chatted for a bit and arranged to meet up for a longer catch up in the near future.

As she left, she gently, but deliberately touched my arm.

I am just wondering, what is the significance of this?

Ironically I am posting this in relationship section, however, I know it is nothing of that nature as she has a boyfriend.

Is such contact (arm touching) just a sign of friendly affection? Is it common and in what contexts do friends generally touch other's arms when leaving them? Was it just a sign to imply that she cares and considers me as a friend?
Do you have autism or are you a literalist? Devoid of human contact?

She clearly wants to leave her boyfriend and suck the soul out of you.
Reply 2
Original post by AlevelsMakeMeSui
Do you have autism or are you a literalist? Devoid of human contact?

She clearly wants to leave her boyfriend and suck the soul out of you.

Yes, I am on the autistic spectrum.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, I am on the autistic spectrum.

Figures, don't look too much into it. It meant nothing.
It's this sort of overreaction which will eventually drive her away.

Though having a boyfriend doesn't mean she'll never cheat.
Reply 5
Original post by ozzyoscy
It's this sort of overreaction which will eventually drive her away.

Though having a boyfriend doesn't mean she'll never cheat.

How do you mean 'drive her away' - I never was, am not and never intend to be in a relationship with her.

We're friends.

I have just not had many friends touch my arm before like that, so was curious as to what the significance of such gesture was.
She clearly wants the D. smh
Original post by Anonymous
How do you mean 'drive her away' - I never was, am not and never intend to be in a relationship with her.

We're friends.

I have just not had many friends touch my arm before like that, so was curious as to what the significance of such gesture was.

If that's your intention then you needn't make this thread as you aren't fussed.

But instead you're writing paragraphs about a girl touching your arm and trying to analyse it in detail. That's not curiosity; that's getting hung up on it.
Reply 8
she loves you, wants to marry you, wants to do the anal with you and wants to have the babies with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending