The Student Room Group

First day at work tomorrow

Hey guys
So tomorrow is my first day at work and as I am only 16 this is my first ever job. I feel a bit anxious about the job, and would like to know your first job stories so that I get a feel for what I’m in for tomorrow
Thank you ☺️
Sorry it's late I assume you're already at work or done your shift!

To answer your question, my first job was at a clothing store and I was 16. I was really nervous because I was the "new one" but there were 2 other girls also starting so I wasn't totally alone. We got a tour of the stockroom, staffroom and shop floor, shown how to do things and where things go. Then we were left to it really. Everyone was really friendly and kept checking in on me every 45 minutes to an hour to make sure I was alright and if I had any questions. I quickly got settled in. I was there for 15 months before I left.
Reply 2
Aw I was the only one in from the new people so it was quite nerve wracking and I also am working in a clothing retailer. I caught onto what I had to do really fast and just asked for assistance when I needed it but thanks for replying back !
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Sorry it's late I assume you're already at work or done your shift!

To answer your question, my first job was at a clothing store and I was 16. I was really nervous because I was the "new one" but there were 2 other girls also starting so I wasn't totally alone. We got a tour of the stockroom, staffroom and shop floor, shown how to do things and where things go. Then we were left to it really. Everyone was really friendly and kept checking in on me every 45 minutes to an hour to make sure I was alright and if I had any questions. I quickly got settled in. I was there for 15 months before I left.

👆🏻
My first job was at 18 as a chef...I cut my finger in the first five minutes bleed for like half an hour, dropped a bit of hot oil on my hand...but now I have got the hang of it!! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Obsidiana
My first job was at 18 as a chef...I cut my finger in the first five minutes bleed for like half an hour, dropped a bit of hot oil on my hand...but now I have got the hang of it!! :biggrin:

Oh no how horrible😭 iv always wondered how it feels to work at a restaurant but I’m always scared to try and plus I feel like retail is my thing, how did you cope with a bleeding finger and an oil spill on your head ? I’d cry 😂😂
Original post by Zuhra110
Oh no how horrible😭 iv always wondered how it feels to work at a restaurant but I’m always scared to try and plus I feel like retail is my thing, how did you cope with a bleeding finger and an oil spill on your head ? I’d cry 😂😂

I wanted to quit but I really needed money...so I cried quietly while cooking 😂
Reply 7
Original post by Obsidiana
I wanted to quit but I really needed money...so I cried quietly while cooking 😂

Well if that isn’t motivation I do t know what is 😂
Original post by Zuhra110
Well if that isn’t motivation I do t know what is 😂

😂😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending