The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by troubletracking
Well done on your test results! For your first one of the year, these are great! Really good grades and still room to improve:tongue: I'm dreading mine back ngl, already got maths back before half term and it was an absloute s h a m b l e s, so it's safe to say i'm not looking forward to getting my science papers back ahah

thank you! i’ve had a positive start to the year - good grades and still room/time to improve - i also didn’t revise very much so it shows my potential if i was to revise!

yeahh i thought i’d truly flunked my maths test so to do alright in it was a shock! got a lot of tests coming up so hopefully i won’t be too bad lol!

i’m sure you’ve done okay :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Nice blog there!

Love your blogs dude!
Original post by clouddbubbles

productive day at school today! Got some test results back too :smile:

english
first lesson was english and we got our english language paper 1 mocks back! (aqa) i was managed to do a lot better than i expected to...
Here's a breakdown of the results :

Spoiler

maths
ahhh i hate maths, but no work today as we got our first termly tests back!

Spoiler

re
my teacher is really old and subsequently teaches a bit old fashioned...
my school is catholic so re is a core subject (woooooooo)
but we have gr8 banter in this class and today was funny apart from my awful cold!
we were doing catholic beliefs about salvation and grace so had a bit of a class discussion and did some mindmaps but nothing more...

we have our unit 1 test soon on beliefs and teachings so i need to start revising!!! Eeeeek...

biology
my teacher started off ranting at us for not completing checklists and revising but lol no (we have no tests to revise for just yet, let me revise when i actually have a test!) i'm top set triple so the lesson is at a really fast pace, didn't get much done so i have to catch up ugh (she gives us no time)
anyways, i have some exam questions, research and mindmaps to do on heart diseases and problems! (actually like this thoooo)

spanish
i lovvvveeeee spanish and i'd like to pursue it to a-level, our class is tiny and so nice and the lessons are so chill! Today we did more work on verbs and then wrote a piece about 'what we did in the holidays' classic looool

mad day really - pleased with tests results so far! Now got to plan my revision for re, biology & physics, catch up my biology stuff and revise for a pe test tomorrow! Im not even sure if i'll be well enough because i have a cold and i've got really muffled hearing uhhhh - in year 8 i missed 3 weeks because i went deaf (hopefully this won't happen again ahah)

see y'all soon - i've got a lot to do!:s
adios; anya :smile:

well done!!!!!!!!!!
you've made me proud!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by A.N123
well done!!!!!!!!!!
you've made me proud!

wooooo
(edited 6 years ago)
wag1

mad day today (as per usual)
i’ll break it downnnnn

S P A N I S H
started work on the imperfect tense which is reeeallly confusing so i should probably do a bit of work on it lol

P E (theory)
had first topic test - it actually went okay but i could have revised a few more areas - there was a 9 mark question and i wrote a cool essay so i hope it gets 9 marks ahah!

M A T H S
started new topic of data, went through quantitative and qualitative data and how you represent it, and then went over box plots again which i did last year but I FORGOT so maths was pretty chill and box plots are easy

E N G L I S H
most of the lesson was a discussion/debate on society, context and ethics of frankenstein and we did a bit of work on the context which was coooool

C H E M I S T R Y
bit of weird one, did ionic/metallic structure and bonding for the 1000th time, read through some model homework answers (mine was NOT one of them) and everyone is so clever in my chemistry ugh... we also did some blue pen marking on our work and a bit of recall :smile:

now i’m going to finish my biology homework, do mymaths homework (ewww no i hate mymaths!!!)
and idek what else but i’ll do something :wink:

i have swimming later so idk if i’ll update but

adiós peeps; anya :smile:

(i’m sorry i’m a bit hyper??? this update is a bit wild and wacky oops)
Reply 65
Original post by streetdude28
Love your blogs dude!

Thanks
hey everyone!

today’s been pretty crazy, my friend and i went for a pizza and bought each other some beautiful jewellery from pandora! we also got a personalised millies cookie (delicious!)

ive been home for a few hours now and i’ve had a little bit of time to organise my study materials and start to answer some exam questions and write up some notes!

you can see what i’ve been doing here :
93692E12-52B7-4A35-A6AB-A58E216F6BEB.jpg.jpeg start of my physics notes
8C23E84A-ADE4-468B-9C02-C131D1A58741.jpg.jpeg some biology exam questions off my revision schedule

now i’m watching a new bbc3 documentary about junior doctors, i remember watching the original series when i was a lot younger and it really fuelled my love for medicine - so it’s really exciting to watch it again as it motivates me to want to study to achieve my goal!

Attachment not found

after my birthday tomorrow, i have a quiet day on friday so i’m going to write up some new notes (they get into my head quicker than typed notes!) as they’re kind of time consuming and i need to get them done early on in my gcses so i can properly revise later on (wooooo funnn...)

what have you been doing?
are you watching this new series?
do you like revising?

let me know; anya :smile:

your notes are gorgeous, i'm so jealous of your handwriting:tongue:
mymathsss

im crying for you
Original post by faithoshxo
your notes are gorgeous, i'm so jealous of your handwriting:tongue:

ahh thank you everyone says my handwriting is really nice but i don’t get the big deal😂 i prefer other people’s handwriting!! ahah
another stressful day, took my half term for granted i think haha!

G E O G R A P H Y
we have an assessment soon nooooooo but we were introduced to our flood management case study and did some map work - anyways i need to revise my geography ahah!

P S H E
stuff about money and our teacher is making us watch ‘its a wonderful life’ yayyyy i hate films but i’m actually liking this film so far😂 pshe is of course non examined so it’s a chill lesson

B I O L O G Y
depressing lesson about cancer but it made me so much more interested to be a doctor and help people tbh i didn’t realise it would have such an effect?¿

M A T H S
cumulative frequency graphs - reaaallyyy easy so another chill lesson, just reinforcing my knowledge!

H I S TO R Y
still haven’t got my essay back smh!!!!
we did some work on mary queen of scots’ execution and the plots to kill elizabeth, pretty cool, and i got a lot done

had a convo with my friend on the bus home about grades and ambitions, she’s in the year above and we were discussing how many people will get 9’s , we’re honestly not sure except that it will be a minority, and what she was saying just made me so hungry to get some 9’s but i’m also worried they’re simply out of reach for me :/ we’ll have to wait and see!!

do you think a 9 grade is out of reach?; anya :smile:
another stressful day, took my half term for granted i think haha!

G E O G R A P H Y
we have an assessment soon nooooooo but we were introduced to our flood management case study and did some map work - anyways i need to revise my geography ahah!

P S H E
stuff about money and our teacher is making us watch ‘its a wonderful life’ yayyyy i hate films but i’m actually liking this film so far😂 pshe is of course non examined so it’s a chill lesson

B I O L O G Y
depressing lesson about cancer but it made me so much more interested to be a doctor and help people tbh i didn’t realise it would have such an effect?¿

M A T H S
cumulative frequency graphs - reaaallyyy easy so another chill lesson, just reinforcing my knowledge!

H I S TO R Y
still haven’t got my essay back smh!!!!
we did some work on mary queen of scots’ execution and the plots to kill elizabeth, pretty cool, and i got a lot done

had a convo with my friend on the bus home about grades and ambitions, she’s in the year above and we were discussing how many people will get 9’s , we’re honestly not sure except that it will be a minority, and what she was saying just made me so hungry to get some 9’s but i’m also worried they’re simply out of reach for me :/ we’ll have to wait and see!!

do you think a 9 grade is out of reach?; anya :smile:

Hey Anya! Hope you had a good day at school!
I dont think a grade 9 is out of reach! As long as you work hard, you'll get the grades you deserve, screw what the government says about only '2% of the country will get at least one 9' like what the heck! I know you will get a grade 9 (and many more!) cos your a smart, hardworking person! Xxx:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Hey Anya! Hope you had a good day at school!
I dont think a grade 9 is out of reach! As long as you work hard, you'll get the grades you deserve, screw what the government says about only '2% of the country will get at least one 9' like what the heck! I know you will get a grade 9 (and many more!) cos your a smart, hardworking person! Xxx:biggrin:

haha thank you! yeah the percentage is a bit shocking! and to get a 9 i must depend on other people doing badly :frown:

but i’ll still aim for a few 9’s!!
ahh thank you everyone says my handwriting is really nice but i don’t get the big deal😂 i prefer other people’s handwriting!! ahah

It’s amazing promise and yeah same I prefer others handwriting to mine aswell😂
Original post by faithoshxo
It’s amazing promise and yeah same I prefer others handwriting to mine aswell😂

well thank you! 😊😂
today was a HALF DAY!

i honestly needed it so much, i'm tired and battling a cold - and school is really challenging at the moment...

B I O L O G Y
today we did plant organs and transport, again a fast-paced lesson and i have a lot to catch up on but still learnt a lot...
we have some research homework and i really want to create a poster or something on what were set! so thats exciting

E N G L I S H
currently studying our 19th century text Frankenstein, but before we analyse the text we are watching a production of it to understand the plot/story.
we're watching the National Theatre verson with Benedict Cumberbatch and it's soooo abstract and weird but i'm loving it ahah!
can't wait to actually analyse the text though lmaooooo

R E
final lesson of the half day! finished off mindmaps on catholic beliefs about salvation and grace, collected some quotes for sources of wisdom and authority and then wrote a 'c' question explaining catholic beliefs about salvation and grace backed up with the sources of wisdom and authority which i was really pleased with!

tonight i'm going to revise RE and physics and do some mymaths (ughhh)
if I still have time i'll do my chemistry homework aswell

might update later!

byeeee; anya :smile:

You lucky thing! We have a half day next week Wednesdag i think! Xx
Original post by A.N123
You lucky thing! We have a half day next week Wednesdag i think! Xx

nice! i have a few more half days in december :smile:
nice! i have a few more half days in december :smile:

Ah yes! Half days in December would be the best, some time for christmas shopping and revision all in one! :biggrin:
Hi anya, I love your GYG so far! I'm in Year 10 too :smile:
Original post by A.N123
Ah yes! Half days in December would be the best, some time for christmas shopping and revision all in one! :biggrin:

yep! awesome! can’t wait for them :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
Hi anya, I love your GYG so far! I'm in Year 10 too :smile:

thank you!
what subjects have you taken? how are you finding them? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending