The Student Room Group

Foundation year

Hello! I'm an international student from Brazil, but will be applying to UK universities with my italian citizenship. The thing is, all unis require brazilian students to take a foundation year before enrolling in the actual course, and these foundation years are pretty expensive. The tuition ranges from 15,000 to 18,000 a year. However, students are not allowed to take a loan for their foundation year.My question is, how do students usually pay for it? is it through small installments through the year? before the beginning of each term? I would be supporting myself and quite frankly, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to pay for it. I don't want to give up my dream of studying in the UK, so are there any other options?
Original post by giodecesare
Hello! I'm an international student from Brazil, but will be applying to UK universities with my italian citizenship. The thing is, all unis require brazilian students to take a foundation year before enrolling in the actual course, and these foundation years are pretty expensive. The tuition ranges from 15,000 to 18,000 a year. However, students are not allowed to take a loan for their foundation year.My question is, how do students usually pay for it? is it through small installments through the year? before the beginning of each term? I would be supporting myself and quite frankly, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to pay for it. I don't want to give up my dream of studying in the UK, so are there any other options?
Hiya:hi:

I've moved your thread into this sub-forum so that you should hopefully get the replies you're after.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't some sort of funding available for you. People in here should be able to point you in the right direction.:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending