The Student Room Group

Grow Your Grades- GCSE Success!

Hii! I'm starting a new GYG thread as I had a lot of stuff going on last year so I wanted to start another one to motivate myself to achieve my target grades, if not more. I started Y11 this September and I got my results for some GCSEs that I did last year: Russian (A*) and Thinking and Reasoning Skills (Merit).

Predicted Grades:
English Language (AQA)- 9
English Literature (AQA)- 9
Physics (OCR)- 8
Chemistry (OCR)- 8
Biology (OCR)- 8
Maths (Edexcel)- 8
Geography (AQA)- 9
Spanish (AQA)- 8
History (AQA)- 8

I hope you enjoy the blog:smile:
woah your predicted grades are amazing!! good luck with y11 xx
I've never heard of anyone doing OCR science before (coming from an AQAer), how are you finding it? And, wow, your predicted grades are so high! You seem so motivated and I'm sure you'll get them if you work for them. The best of luck for this year!
Oh wow, i'm doing the same GCSEs (+RE) and exam boards as you. You have amazing predicted grades, and i hope you succeed and reach your goal, which you probably will judging from that A* in Russian :h:
Original post by Zuko22

Hii! I'm starting a new GYG thread as I had a lot of stuff going on last year so I wanted to start another one to motivate myself to achieve my target grades, if not more. I started Y11 this September and I got my results for some GCSEs that I did last year: Russian (A*) and Thinking and Reasoning Skills (Merit).

Predicted Grades:
English Language (AQA)- 9
English Literature (AQA)- 9
Physics (OCR)- 8
Chemistry (OCR)- 8
Biology (OCR)- 8
Maths (Edexcel)- 8
Geography (AQA)- 9
Spanish (AQA)- 8
History (AQA)- 8

I hope you enjoy the blog:smile:

This blog is just going to make people feel bad about them self if there getting low scores compared to you
Original post by Elisha.l
This blog is just going to make people feel bad about them self if there getting low scores compared to you

this is a grow your grades thread??? its the persons own thread to show that they can achieve their goals and whatever grades they may get - regardless of whether its a 5 or a 9. if you feel bad about yourself getting lower grades, start your own and see how you progress? or ask for help in another thread
Original post by mez_merising
woah your predicted grades are amazing!! good luck with y11 xx

Thankyou so much xx
Original post by troubletracking
I've never heard of anyone doing OCR science before (coming from an AQAer), how are you finding it? And, wow, your predicted grades are so high! You seem so motivated and I'm sure you'll get them if you work for them. The best of luck for this year!

The sciences are generally the subjects that I struggle with the most so they are the subjects that i need to focus most on but other than that, they’re going somewhat decently! How are you finding AQA science? I’ve heard that AQA have the hardest spec so good luck and thank you for the support! Xx
Original post by MozartEd
Oh wow, i'm doing the same GCSEs (+RE) and exam boards as you. You have amazing predicted grades, and i hope you succeed and reach your goal, which you probably will judging from that A* in Russian :h:

Thankyou so much, it really means a lot to me! How are you finding coping with such a large amount of content? Good luck to you in your GCSEs! Xx
Original post by Elisha.l

Sorry that wasn’t my intention and I would never want to make people feel bad about the scores that they’re getting. I’m sorry if I offended you xx
Original post by mez_merising
this is a grow your grades thread??? its the persons own thread to show that they can achieve their goals and whatever grades they may get - regardless of whether its a 5 or a 9. if you feel bad about yourself getting lower grades, start your own and see how you progress? or ask for help in another thread

I’m glad I haven’t somehow offended everyone with my target grades😂
Original post by Zuko22
I’m glad I haven’t somehow offended everyone with my target grades😂

nahh you do you, keep aiming high!!
Original post by Zuko22
The sciences are generally the subjects that I struggle with the most so they are the subjects that i need to focus most on but other than that, they’re going somewhat decently! How are you finding AQA science? I’ve heard that AQA have the hardest spec so good luck and thank you for the support! Xx

Yeah, same, I’ve definitely got a lot of work to do this year for science. I dont know what the other specs entail, but I find AQA science pretty hard, though I do find science in general quite hard. There’s just so much to learn, and half the time I don’t even know what’s going on in physics ngl
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zuko22
Thankyou so much, it really means a lot to me! How are you finding coping with such a large amount of content? Good luck to you in your GCSEs! Xx

Thanks, i've been to a sixthform open evening and i remember one of the science teachers saying ocr, especially ocr gateway, is one of the more detailed specifications. I think that although there is so much content there are links between units, especially in biology, so its not half bad. But History and geography are another matter is just page after page, sometimes i don't even have time to actually take in the content and enjoy it, i just have to keep memorising. How are you revising, and dealing with the content?
Original post by MozartEd
Thanks, i've been to a sixthform open evening and i remember one of the science teachers saying ocr, especially ocr gateway, is one of the more detailed specifications. I think that although there is so much content there are links between units, especially in biology, so its not half bad. But History and geography are another matter is just page after page, sometimes i don't even have time to actually take in the content and enjoy it, i just have to keep memorising. How are you revising, and dealing with the content?

I’ve honestly been a mess recently with keeping up with all the content and making all of my revision materials. I really regret not making revision notes as I went along last year so I have to catch up on it all this year but I know that’s all my fault so I can’t exactly moan about it ahaha. I know what you mean about not being able to enjoy the content, since the middle of last year I’ve felt as though I just need to get everything done rather than actually think properly about what I’m doing if that makes any sense xx
Hey mate,
just seen your post and your predicted grades are bloody awesome. I am a y11 too, and you mentioned how science is quite hard. same there we just did a mock in bio, chem, and phys. keep working hard, well done mate, and hope you get the grades you want.:smile:
Original post by Anonymous work
Hey mate,
just seen your post and your predicted grades are bloody awesome. I am a y11 too, and you mentioned how science is quite hard. same there we just did a mock in bio, chem, and phys. keep working hard, well done mate, and hope you get the grades you want.:smile:

Ahaha thanks mate, our mocks are just before we break up for Christmas so I’ve still got a while to go. How did you think you did and how are you finding y11 so far? Hope you get the grades you want aswell:smile:
Original post by Zuko22
Ahaha thanks mate, our mocks are just before we break up for Christmas so I’ve still got a while to go. How did you think you did and how are you finding y11 so far? Hope you get the grades you want aswell:smile:

Hey zuko,
thanks for getting back to me mate, hope we can keep in contact. so yh basically we just did and english, maths, and triple science mock exam. were on break for a week right now so teachers are giving results when we came back. but my teacher emailed me my english results and i got grade 8 - which i guess slightly disappointed me cos i could have done better, but im gonna work harder till i get like every single mark. yeah year 11's not bad, teachers keep stressin us about exams, lol, i bet you know how that feels, and thanks a lot mate for all the positive things,:smile:
Original post by Anonymous work
Hey zuko,
thanks for getting back to me mate, hope we can keep in contact. so yh basically we just did and english, maths, and triple science mock exam. were on break for a week right now so teachers are giving results when we came back. but my teacher emailed me my english results and i got grade 8 - which i guess slightly disappointed me cos i could have done better, but im gonna work harder till i get like every single mark. yeah year 11's not bad, teachers keep stressin us about exams, lol, i bet you know how that feels, and thanks a lot mate for all the positive things,:smile:

Hii anon, a grade 8 is still amazing but I understand when you say you’re slightly disappointed by it cos I’m the exact same when it comes to things like this. I’m glad to hear that you don’t sound as overwhelmed as I am at the moment ahaha. Hope you get the grades that you wanted for maths and the sciences:smile:
Hiii guys, sorry for not updating for ages, I’ve just been very disappointed in the progress that I’ve made over the past week. Also, I hope you all had a amazing Halloween! :smile:

The only things that I have done are:
Spanish:
Review Spanish weather vocab on Quizlet (Thursday)
Finished 20 oral questions for homework (Sunday)
Chemistry:
Finished a worksheet on flame tests for homework (Thursday)
Geography:
Natural hazards poster (Thursday)
Beach reprofiling poster (Wednesday)
English Language:
Wrote an article on British weather for homewok (Monday)

I have also started a few posters which I haven’t finished yet so I’ll aim to finish them all this week.

My plans for this week:
Spanish:
10 oral questions on flashcards
Chemistry:
Finish poster on Group 1 elements
Make a poster on Group 7 elements
Make a poster on Group 0/8 elements
English Language:
Do a practise paper 1 and get my teacher to mark it
History:
Poster on how the Nazis affected women
Poster on how the Nazis affected the Church
Maths:
Box plots practise
Geography:
Poster on the Medmerry Scheme

I’ll update you all next week and hopefully it’ll go better then the previous week has.

Stay productive!:smile:

*To be edited
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending