The Student Room Group

No listening material

Good evening! I would like to ask for an advise. I'm preparing for the French A level this year and since I'm an only student who's taking the exam, my school refused to purchase the listening material and teacher's resource book because they're very expensive, as they said. Since the specifications have changed I can't use listening from previous past papers so I was wondering if anyone knows a site that has listening material similar or equivalent to the French A level Edexcel board.
Thank you very much in advance!
Original post by floatingcocaine
Good evening! I would like to ask for an advise. I'm preparing for the French A level this year and since I'm an only student who's taking the exam, my school refused to purchase the listening material and teacher's resource book because they're very expensive, as they said. Since the specifications have changed I can't use listening from previous past papers so I was wondering if anyone knows a site that has listening material similar or equivalent to the French A level Edexcel board.
Thank you very much in advance!

Look up "B2 French listening" or "C1 French listening" (the latter is harder) on YouTube; there are several free recordings there which are around the same level as A-level French. Just watching YouTube videos and TV programmes or listening to podcasts in French would improve your listening too, though. I've never done specific listening exam practice because practising listening using actual French media has always worked better for me.
Original post by Sonechka
Look up "B2 French listening" or "C1 French listening" (the latter is harder) on YouTube; there are several free recordings there which are around the same level as A-level French. Just watching YouTube videos and TV programmes or listening to podcasts in French would improve your listening too, though. I've never done specific listening exam practice because practising listening using actual French media has always worked better for me.

Okay! Thank you very much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending