The Student Room Group

Should i bring a laptop into class?

So i'm in yr 12 , i normally find typing easier to put down notes and do homework in , do colleges allow students to bring laptops into classes for work , is this a good idea, thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So i'm in yr 12 , i normally find typing easier to put down notes and do homework in , do colleges allow students to bring laptops into classes for work , is this a good idea, thanks :smile:

Having just started University about six weeks ago I definitely prefer having a laptop in class. I never used one before and I feel like you can get much more work down as notes are quicker to type and images can be taken and used which all helps to make revision easier. I would imagine most places would allow laptops in classes.
Reply 2
Having just started University about six weeks ago I definitely prefer having a laptop in class. I never used one before and I feel like you can get much more work down as notes are quicker to type and images can be taken and used which all helps to make revision easier. I would imagine most places would allow laptops in classes.

wow ok , wouldn't be a bit weird though since i'll be the only one sat there typing
Reply 3
wow ok , wouldn't be a bit weird though since i'll be the only one sat there typing

Depending on how lecturers operate you can have the material up in front of you without having to print it off. Most of the people I see have laptops or tablets there.
(And they are also useful if you get bored and have internet access so you can browse forums like these and make posts while barely listening to the content.)

And for some reason my first post went anonymous and called itself Anonymous #2.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Bio 7
Depending on how lecturers operate you can have the material up in front of you without having to print it off. Most of the people I see have laptops or tablets there.
(And they are also useful if you get bored and have internet access so you can browse forums like these and make posts while barely listening to the content.)

And for some reason my first post went anonymous and called itself Anonymous #2.

yeh true

If you start typing more then your writing will become less fast which means you won’t be able to get as much down in your exams, also if you touch-type, research has found you actually don’t process what you are typing and therefore you won’t learn as much as if you were to write it (it will also then become part of your muscle memory so it comes more natural when you have to write in your exam). I do think it is unfair that everyone isn’t given the chance to type in their exams though because some students would definitely benefit from this (especially the touch-typers) and it would help prepare more people for life in the 21st century. I imagine soon, typing will becoming the norm in the exams and you will have to opt out of it as opposed to opt in. I don’t actually know what the criteria for typing/using a laptop in exams is at the moment? Does anyone know if you still have to have a learning difficulty to type in exams or are schools more lenient now?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending