The Student Room Group

Really insecure about my height..

Hey I'm almost 6'1 in height and I'm insecure about this because some of my mates are taller than me and there's this girl who's an inch or two taller than me, I really like her and want to ask her out but I feel like i might get rejected and that my mates might have a better chance than me.

Scroll to see replies

Hey, it could be worse. You could be a 5'7 "manlet" that can barely date anyone!
Original post by Anonymous7932
Hey I'm almost 6'1 in height and I'm insecure about this because some of my mates are taller than me and there's this girl who's an inch or two taller than me, I really like her and want to ask her out but I feel like i might get rejected and that my mates might have a better chance than me.

Judging chances of getting a girl based solely on height 😂😂😂
You could be 18 and be 5'2
OP lives in a Basketball School.
Reply 5
If it's meant to be then it's meant to be
Original post by CatrinSuyin
Literally me 4’11” I beat you (I’m a girl doe so yanno)

Same ahaha. How are you so small? I'm small cause I was born 3.5 months early lmao
When somebody thinks their height will solely decide whether they land the girl or not...tsk tsk, if there's no face to go with it, you may as well be a lanky lamp post.
Original post by CastCuraga
Hey, it could be worse. You could be a 5'7 "manlet" that can barely date anyone!

Lol 5' 7" is fine. The dating scene gets worse below 5' 5"

Posted from TSR Mobile
My problem is that I just want to be a few inches taller, I don't want to feel intimidated by taller women.
My problem is that I just want to be a few inches taller, I don't want to feel intimidated by taller women.

Looks like uve been caught up in the whole macho masculinity thing and u can't bear to think of women taller than u. I'm 5' 7" and my ex was 6' 1" and I did not feel intimidated by her at all. Have some confidence nd ask that gal out and I bet she wants to be the little spoon anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by markovchain17
Lol 5' 7" is fine. The dating scene gets worse below 5' 5"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess I'm still not used to being out of England where everyone was like 6'0+ lol. 5'5 does seem pretty difficult

I mean ideally it'd be nice to go "man nah I don't wanna date someone that cares about height" but to an extent a lot of people do

So RIP us tbh
Looks like uve been caught up in the whole macho masculinity thing and u can't bear to think of women taller than u. I'm 5' 7" and my ex was 6' 1" and I did not feel intimidated by her at all. Have some confidence nd ask that gal out and I bet she wants to be the little spoon anyway.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 18 btw, do you think I might grow taller?
This whole thing's making me paranoid.

Uve got to learn to accept who you are and embrace it. 6' 1" is on the tall end of heights, the vast, vast majority of women are shorter than you. Just anaylse ur thoughts for a second: What EXACTLY about her being a couple inches taller is making you intimidated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can understand it, but trust me - you broke the 6'0 mark, that's as much as most women even want. If this isn't the right one I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty that like you for it
Original post by Anonymous
Same ahaha. How are you so small? I'm small cause I was born 3.5 months early lmao

I literally have no clue, doubt anything was wrong with me at birth. My younger sister is taller than me by like 4 inches as well. Ah well you just gotta embrace it and love it
Your height is one of the only things you can’t change about yourself so the only way you can get over it is to just accept it really, its not a bad thing and dont let it lower your confidence
Get knee surgery
Is this a troll thread? :p:

Lol seriously, 6ft1 is basically the ideal height. As others have said, if you were like 5ft6 or something, then your dating changes would be seriously seriously affected and I'd understand you being insecure.

But being insecure about 6ft1 is ridiculous lol.
Uve got to learn to accept who you are and embrace it. 6' 1" is on the tall end of heights, the vast, vast majority of women are shorter than you. Just anaylse ur thoughts for a second: What EXACTLY about her being a couple inches taller is making you intimidated?
Posted from TSR Mobile

How can I accept it? My elder brother is 6'5, my dad is 6'4 and my uncle's like 6'3 too. One of my cousins is taller than me too. I'm only taller than my sisters and my mum. I want to be as tall as them....
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending