The Student Room Group

Vet vs lawyer degree

I can't make up my mind on which career Path I should go down but I want to do something to help issues in society such as inequality, poverty etc or in the case of vets- animal welfare.
Advice?
Original post by Ally yu
I can't make up my mind on which career Path I should go down but I want to do something to help issues in society such as inequality, poverty etc or in the case of vets- animal welfare.
Advice?

Get some work experience to help you decide :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ally yu
Advice?

You could be an animal welfare lawyer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
The most common reason people want to go into law (apart from for money, which actually isn't that much) is to fight inequality. This only happens if 1. You become a high-level barrister so chose your own cases or 2. If you become an international human rights lawyer or something similar.
Both = extremely difficult = vast majority fail = most end up going to firms and taking whatever cases they're told to take.

Law is the most oversaturated job market in the UK. Do it because you're interested in law not because of inequality as sadly you probably won't help with that. Veterinary medicine would be better for this.

Other options: Becoming a doctor then work in an LEDC, Politician with an agenda for inequality, Head or create a charity. These are all still hard, good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by GovernmentEarner
The most common reason people want to go into law (apart from for money, which actually isn't that much) is to fight inequality. This only happens if 1. You become a high-level barrister so chose your own cases or 2. If you become an international human rights lawyer or something similar.
Both = extremely difficult = vast majority fail = most end up going to firms and taking whatever cases they're told to take.

Law is the most oversaturated job market in the UK. Do it because you're interested in law not because of inequality as sadly you probably won't help with that. Veterinary medicine would be better for this.

Other options: Becoming a doctor then work in an LEDC, Politician with an agenda for inequality, Head or create a charity. These are all still hard, good luck!

Thank you that is really useful! :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending