The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

F9756EEC-59F7-4877-B936-136CC4F9B7D2.jpg.jpeg

currently trying to revise for my geography test tomorrow!

these questions seem to be preparing me - but i’ve honestly burnt out and i can’t be bothered to produce anymore revision materials so i’ve resorted to answering these questions...

just feeling very overwhelmed by the amount of work i have at the moment! i’m really looking forward to the weekend!
Nice blog @cloudbubbles! I've featured it in our 'favourite blogs' section in our hub, which you can see here :h: Keep it up and good luck!
Original post by Fox Corner
Nice blog @cloudbubbles! I've featured it in our 'favourite blogs' section in our hub, which you can see here :h: Keep it up and good luck!

oh thank you! i’m very grateful :biggrin:
i’m glad you’re enjoying it this much!
as i've previously mentioned, this week's been pretty tough. work has certainly been turned up a notch, i'm a bit overwhelmed by it all AND the pressure is already UNREAL

is anyone else feeling a bit like this at the moment?

nevertheless i'll report on my day, it's been an interesting one to say the least

E N G L i S H
analysis of chapter 2 frankenstein...
still not quite in the mood/rythym of analysing texts and i'm not really that into frankenstein yet - this should come with time!
our 'topic' question was how the chapter was foreshadowing and what the effects were? i kind of understood it but ended up going to the back of the class and flicking through endless revision guides for some help on what on earth was happening in this chapter (don't fear! i get it now! but i got some weird looks...)
also if you're not aware im in set 2 for english and maths. my best guess is i got moved down in english because i was struggling a bit with analysis and motivation in the subject, and subsequently i went from highest in the year to averaging 7/8 which was not usual for me! as for maths, it was to be expected as i had an awful teacher last year, i struggle with maths anyway and it was better for me to be in set two, where i can still aim for an 8 with the ability of the class!

H i S T O R Y
carried on with the categorisation of why england and spain went to 'war', it gave me time to catch up and also to plan my next essay which im so not ready for!! i found the mark scheme though as it is one of the sample assessment materials - so im going to make it as good as it can be (even though i have a 1 page limit!!!! ugh!)

G E O G R A P H Y
i had my test! i don't want to jinx it but i found it quite easy! somehow i managed to retain all the content and apply it to the 500000000000 6 mark questions they stuck into the test so hopefully i did well?! only regret is that i didn't conclude my 9 mark question but that should hopefully not be an issue as i answered the question thoroughly

S P A N i S H
learnt a song about hotel complaints which was hilarioussss! we changed the translations of the song from present to past and next lesson we're going to draft/write our own hotel complaint letters... interesting topic!

C H E M i S T R Y
i've got a lot to say, but i'll explain...

Spoiler

actually within the chemistry lesson we were introduced to covalent structures (graphite, diamond)

so thats my crazy friday for you!
i also found out that my blog has been featured alongside some other great ones! pretty exciting, and i hope this blog gets some new viewers :smile:

i will probably do some subject specific updates when it seems necessary/a good time to, but for now you can be entertained by my accounts of school days?!

i hope everyone had a good day; anya :smile:

TAGGING SOME PEOPLE :tongue:
Original post by clouddbubbles
as i've previously mentioned, this week's been pretty tough. work has certainly been turned up a notch, i'm a bit overwhelmed by it all AND the pressure is already UNREAL

nevertheless i'll report on my day, it's been an interesting one to say the least

E N G L i S H
still not quite in the mood/rythym of analysing texts and i'm not really that into frankenstein yet - this should come with time!
our 'topic' question was how the chapter was foreshadowing and what the effects were? i kind of understood it but ended up going to the back of the class and flicking through endless revision guides for some help on what on earth was happening in this chapter (don't fear! i get it now! but i got some weird looks...)
also if you're not aware im in set 2 for english and maths. my best guess is i got moved down in english because i was struggling a bit with analysis and motivation in the subject, and subsequently i went from highest in the year to averaging 7/8 which was not usual for me! as for maths, it was to be expected as i had an awful teacher last year, i struggle with maths anyway and it was better for me to be in set two, where i can still aim for an 8 with the ability of the class!

H i S T O R Y
carried on with the categorisation of why england and spain went to 'war', it gave me time to catch up and also to plan my next essay which im so not ready for!! i found the mark scheme though as it is one of the sample assessment materials - so im going to make it as good as it can be (even though i have a 1 page limit!!!! ugh!)

G E O G R A P H Y
i had my test! i don't want to jinx it but i found it quite easy! somehow i managed to retain all the content and apply it to the 500000000000 6 mark questions they stuck into the test so hopefully i did well?! only regret is that i didn't conclude my 9 mark question but that should hopefully not be an issue as i answered the question thoroughly

S P A N i S H
learnt a song about hotel complaints which was hilarioussss! we changed the translations of the song from present to past and next lesson we're going to draft/write our own hotel complaint letters... interesting topic!

C H E M i S T R Y

Spoiler

actually within the chemistry lesson we were introduced to covalent structures (graphite, diamond)

i also found out that my blog has been featured alongside some other great ones! pretty exciting, and i hope this blog gets some new viewers :smile:

i will probably do some subject specific updates when it seems necessary/a good time to, but for now you can be entertained by my accounts of school days?!

Thanks for the share, sounds like it was a tough old week - hope you get some time to recover :smile:

E N G L i S H

H i S T O R Y

G E O G R A P H Y

S P A N i S H

C H E M i S T R Y

Spoiler

Thanks for the tag :biggrin:

I feel the pressure too!! Luckily I seem to be coping with it (so far).

Shame about the girl who cheated - sounds like she just wanted to do well (not excusing it, but similar stuff has happened at my school).

Btw, I'm always entertained by your school day updates :smile:

E N G L i S H

H i S T O R Y

G E O G R A P H Y

S P A N i S H

C H E M i S T R Y

Spoiler

Sounds like you've had a busy week - hope the pressure doesn't get too bad. If it does, make sure you tell someone. Well done on what you've achieved though!

Have a great weekend :smile:
Original post by Captain Jack
Thanks for the share, sounds like it was a tough old week - hope you get some time to recover :smile:

thank you! :smile:
Original post by Nikey
Thanks for the tag :biggrin:

I feel the pressure too!! Luckily I seem to be coping with it (so far).

Shame about the girl who cheated - sounds like she just wanted to do well (not excusing it, but similar stuff has happened at my school).

Btw, I'm always entertained by your school day updates :smile:

no problem!
yup... the pressure isn’t too bad at the moment but i’m not sure how i’ll cope by the time year 11 comes around :s-smilie:

obviously everyone has different levels of stress and some year 11s don’t feel stressed at all so me as a year 10 in first term of gcses might be a bit shocking??

yeah i’m sure she didn’t mean anything of it, and she wanted to help others too - it obviously wasn’t a good thing to do but i’m worried how teachers will view her now!

that’s good - i’ll be sure to keep them up then :wink:
Original post by brainzistheword
Sounds like you've had a busy week - hope the pressure doesn't get too bad. If it does, make sure you tell someone. Well done on what you've achieved though!

Have a great weekend :smile:

absolutely! after next week i should be a little chilled out as all my end of topic tests will be over - i’m just obsessed with achieving :/ thank you!

you too :smile:

E N G L i S H

H i S T O R Y

G E O G R A P H Y

S P A N i S H

C H E M i S T R Y

Spoiler

Thanks for tagging me! Its funny because we're doing EXCATLY the same thing in Chemistry! We did it today in fact! Maybe its because both our schools use kerboodle or something lol. How do you find covalent bonding? Like it? Hate it?! I don't mind it but i HATE drawing the circles for it! I prefer ionic bonding wayyyy more!
Hope your having a nice evening and congrats on your blog appearing on the 'favourite blogs'!!!! Xxxx:biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
absolutely! after next week i should be a little chilled out as all my end of topic tests will be over - i’m just obsessed with achieving :/ thank you!

you too :smile:

Good good! There's certainly nothing wrong with wanting to achieve! :smile:

And thank you :smile:
Original post by A.N123
Thanks for tagging me! Its funny because we're doing EXCATLY the same thing in Chemistry! We did it today in fact! Maybe its because both our schools use kerboodle or something lol. How do you find covalent bonding? Like it? Hate it?! I don't mind it but i HATE drawing the circles for it! I prefer ionic bonding wayyyy more!
Hope your having a nice evening and congrats on your blog appearing on the 'favourite blogs'!!!! Xxxx:biggrin:

omg! yes probably the scheme of work for kerboodle :smile:

i’m a bit confused by covalent bonding, i understand the concept but the diagrams WHAT?!?!
so i’m in the middle and i too prefer ionic bonding!

thank you :smile:
omg! yes probably the scheme of work for kerboodle :smile:

i’m a bit confused by covalent bonding, i understand the concept but the diagrams WHAT?!?!
so i’m in the middle and i too prefer ionic bonding!

thank you :smile:

Np!:biggrin:
And YESSSSSS the diagrams are ughhhhhh!

E N G L i S H

H i S T O R Y

G E O G R A P H Y

S P A N i S H

C H E M i S T R Y

Spoiler

Online revision guides are the best for understanding texts - litcharts is my personal fave :biggrin:

E N G L i S H

H i S T O R Y

G E O G R A P H Y

S P A N i S H

C H E M i S T R Y

Spoiler

Loved this and thanks for the tag. I feel sorry for the girl that cheated maybe she has some underlining issues at home. But either it is bad to cheat

Your day sounds intense! I thought mine was bad, at least you’ve got the weekend just to relax and enjoy yourself:smile:
omg anya!! congrats you got on the featured page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also its a shame about the physics test, but hey ho, it's just physics :wink:
i've also got sooo many tests next week!
Original post by A.N123
Np!:biggrin:
And YESSSSSS the diagrams are ughhhhhh!

at least we both feel the same way!
Original post by mez_merising
omg anya!! congrats you got on the featured page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also its a shame about the physics test, but hey ho, it's just physics :wink:
i've also got sooo many tests next week!

ik!!!! very happy :smile:
yeah - OH WELL...
i have chemistry,biology and physics tests next week :frown:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Online revision guides are the best for understanding texts - litcharts is my personal fave :biggrin:

thank you for the suggestion :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending