The Student Room Group

Moving Out: The First Time.

So I’m 19 and I’m going to be moving out of my parent’s house for the first time in a week. (The move out date was brought on me literally a few hours ago). I’m panicking as to what I do, who do I notify, what do I do this week in regards to moving?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ddkdarnell
So I’m 19 and I’m going to be moving out of my parent’s house for the first time in a week. (The move out date was brought on me literally a few hours ago). I’m panicking as to what I do, who do I notify, what do I do this week in regards to moving?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Expect the first few weeks to be tough. I was really looking forward to leaving but the first two weeks after moving out this past September I just wanted to go home. Now I have only visited twice out of necessity because I prefer living here. I'm quite a solitary person so it's a bit off living with so many people, but it's going fine and within a month you should feel settled.
Reply 2
When I move into a new flat I make a bag of stuff I will need immediately e.g. toilet roll, toothbrush, laptop, towel, some snacks etc. It makes things easier if you have a lot to unpack.

If you move into a place where you can change your electricity provider have a look and see if you can get a better deal with somebody else as it varies per area.

For general living on your own, try to keep on top of your chores i.e. do dishes while making the dinner. Keeping on top of that stuff makes life easier for me lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending