The Student Room Group

My school won't send off my UCAS form?

Our in-school deadline for students to submit their forms was last Tuesday, and I had made sure to submit mine on the Friday before (after having had it checked) so that come Tuesday where the teachers would check the final boxes, mine would be top of the list. It was, and I had a meeting practically first thing, but they realised one of my teachers had messed up my reference and that they would fix that and send it off. Basically, I just spent the whole day refreshing my email to see if they had. At the very end of the day, I got an email saying my form had been sent back to me because the woman who sends them off disagreed with something in my personal statement and wanted me to change it. That really annoyed me, because everyone else had told me my statement was fine and it was more of a personal nitpick due to the course I'm studying. Now when I resubmitted I would be at the very bottom of the long list of people who had sent theirs on the day of the deadline.

I emailed her to ask if I could resubmit after I added the changes, and she hasn't responded since. Last night I did it anyway since I'd heard nothing for days, but according to a friend, they're not even looking at people who submitted the form after the deadline to 'punish' them. This is really messing me up because I'm applying to a competitive course and I really want it in early! Apparently, it could be up to two weeks before it gets sent off now. It's really annoyed me because I was literally the first one to send it, and I'm wondering how I can approach them about it without sounding annoyed? (I mean, I am, but that's beside the point :tongue:)
Reply 1
She really can't be screwing with your stuff like that, it could have bad consequences. Hopefully you will be fine though.
Id say talk to whomever is in charge for sending off the applications face to face and explain to them how competitive your course is, exaggerate if you need to. If nothing happens Id suggest having a parent email the school or to be in contact with them in someway to detail the urgency as even though schools can be dismissive of frustrated students they tend not to ignore parents and take them more seriously.
Unsure as to why you care so much about when its submitted? As long as it's submitted before the UCAS deadline there will be 0 influence over whether you get a place or not.
You could have sent it in on 6th September. It doesn't matter one iota to your application if it isn't sent in until 15th January. Yet you are giving the school grief because it might not go in until the third week of November.
Relax. You have just as much chance as long as you send it before the UCAS deadline.
I very much doubt they will not send it, my school also say that to ensure everyone has their applications done by a certain time otherwise people would be too chill about it and not do it to last minute
Reply 7
Original post by emimawi
This is really messing me up because I'm applying to a competitive course and I really want it in early!

No. It makes no difference. All applicants are *guaranteed* equal consideration if they apply before the 15th Jan UCAS deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
No. It makes no difference. All applicants are *guaranteed* equal consideration if they apply before the 15th Jan UCAS deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The people who don't get equal consideration are early rejectees. No-one goes back and looks again at people turned down if applicant numbers are on the thin side.
Original post by nulli tertius
The people who don't get equal consideration are early rejectees. No-one goes back and looks again at people turned down if applicant numbers are on the thin side.

Some universities do (although it’s not a great solution and rarely results in many more accepted offers).
Original post by Oghieghie
hiiii

i just wanted to ask - did you have to pay twice??

since you paid the first time when you first submitted it - when your resubmitted it after correcting your mistakes, did you have to pay again?

OP hasn't logged on for nearly 4 years, doubt you'll get a response.
Original post by Son of the Sea
OP hasn't logged on for nearly 4 years, doubt you'll get a response.

do you have an answer by any chance?

Latest

Trending

Trending