The Student Room Group

Why do I only attracted alpha males??!

They're the type I don't like at all. Like I see the physical appeal of them but couldn't be in a long term relationship with this type of guy because they always tend to be players and if not they're controlling/ aggressive. What I don't get is why I attract these guys. One thing that I've been thinking is I'm extremely feminine. 90 % of me is girly I'd say. Could it be these types of guys are attracted to really feminine girls? And how do I tone down how feminine I am...I feel like it's hard for me because the energy I give out is feminine I've been told before. I seriously hate dating and I'd rather date a nerd type but they're never into me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know this doesn't sound like a 'problem' but for me it is because I've been in relationship with alpha type before and he was really controlling and it emotionally damaged me. :frown:
I have a hard time believing anyone but beta males use the term "alpha male" unironically tbh
Reply 3
Original post by BigGuyAkhenaten
I have a hard time believing anyone but beta males use the term "alpha male" unironically tbh

Lmao I didn't know how else to put it. I guess I meant the type of guys I attract are the macho cocky idiots. :frown:
Original post by BigGuyAkhenaten

And what about the guys who use the term “beta males”?
Original post by Waldorf67
And what about the guys who use the term “beta males”?

Worse tbqhwy
Reply 6
As I bloke I see this all the time and it's dead annoying haha. Cocky idiots getting the pretty girls only to treat them badly. I don't think you should 'tone down' anything about your personality that isn't particularly negative. Probably the nerdy guys are into you but you can't recognise it because you're used to the cocky macho guys and the nerdy guys are more shy. Maybe make more effort on your side to approach these nerdy guys and give signals if you like them (guys are terrible at recognising these so make it really blatant haha). There are loads of guys who are in great shape with muscles etc. (which it sounds like your attracted to) who are intelligent and sensitive so don't give up!
tone done these things if they apply to you: wearing a lot of make-up, acrylic nails, hair extensions, suffocating passers-by with your perfume, 4 inch heels, low-cut tops all the time, chewing gum, lots of jewellery and platinum blonde hair. from your post you don't sound like this, but maybe htere is something you're overlooking. platinum blonde suits some people really well, so perhaps keep the hair if you like it, but tone down the make-up and nails. just trying to help.
It's not that you only attract alpha males even if beta males were attracted to you they wouldn't show it because they are scared of rejection.
Cocky guys are dumb idiots who dont know how to treat girls with actual respect- my opinion btw, not violating any guys, who might fit that point i said at the beginning :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
They're the type I don't like at all. Like I see the physical appeal of them but couldn't be in a long term relationship with this type of guy because they always tend to be players and if not they're controlling/ aggressive. What I don't get is why I attract these guys. One thing that I've been thinking is I'm extremely feminine. 90 % of me is girly I'd say. Could it be these types of guys are attracted to really feminine girls? And how do I tone down how feminine I am...I feel like it's hard for me because the energy I give out is feminine I've been told before. I seriously hate dating and I'd rather date a nerd type but they're never into me.

masculinity and femininity are closely linked.

High masculine males tend to attract highly feminine girls and vice versa

masculine men tend to desire the most feminine girls, the most feminine females tend to prefer masculine men over feminine men or pretty boys [generally speaking]

an "Alpha" male is highly masculine at least in his behavior or he would not be an alpha in the first place.

If you are as feminine as you say you are it is no surprise they are making a bee line for you. What is surprising though is that you seem to prefer the opposite to these guys.
Original post by petalsunrise
tone done these things if they apply to you: wearing a lot of make-up, acrylic nails, hair extensions, suffocating passers-by with your perfume, 4 inch heels, low-cut tops all the time, chewing gum, lots of jewellery and platinum blonde hair. from your post you don't sound like this, but maybe htere is something you're overlooking. platinum blonde suits some people really well, so perhaps keep the hair if you like it, but tone down the make-up and nails. just trying to help.
I see where you're coming from but i usually just wear natural makeup but do dress like a girl wear skirts and dresses etc. And I have dark hair 😂 So no platinum blonde me. It's mainly my my personality and energy I give out that screams 'girl'. But I feel like I should start wearing more hoodies.
It's not that you only attract alpha males even if beta males were attracted to you they wouldn't show it because they are scared of rejection.

Man...:frown: I'm not sure though maybe i just come across rude guys.

Original post by cyclone777
masculinity and femininity are closely linked.

High masculine males tend to attract highly feminine girls and vice versa

masculine men tend to desire the most feminine girls, the most feminine females tend to prefer masculine men over feminine men or pretty boys [generally speaking]

an "Alpha" male is highly masculine at least in his behavior or he would not be an alpha in the first place.

If you are as feminine as you say you are it is no surprise they are making a bee line for you. What is surprising though is that you seem to prefer the opposite to these guys.

I did used to get attracted to those types but because I've been badly treated by them in relationships I just try to stay away. But they won't go cos that's what i seem to attract. I'd much rather be with someone that's not arrogant and full of themselves. And what I hate is when I say no to these guys they think I'm being shy and try again and again. Lol
Reply 12
I never really took people who preface "males" with letters of the Greek alphabet seriously...

Lower your standards perhaps. You should be able to tell if a guy is just after you for one thing or is a bit of an arse.
Original post by UWS
I never really took people who preface "males" with letters of the Greek alphabet seriously...

Lower your standards perhaps. You should be able to tell if a guy is just after you for one thing or is a bit of an arse.

Those guys aren't after me for one thing- I haven't said that anywhere. They're just controlling as in don't do this don't do that. Also I'm not sure what you mean by 'lower your standards'. Do you mean lookswise? If so, I've dated average looking guys with dominant personalities. I don't think alpha has to mean the guy is good looking... :| So I really have no clue what this has to do with lowering my standards... what an odd thing to say to someone. How would you've feel if I told you to 'lower your standards' that's rude. Would like to hear you say that to me in person. Anyway thank you for your useful response got great advice out of it. 😃
I prefer attack helicopter males
The betas will not take the initiative to start a dialogue with you, if you want them you have to do most of the work in initiating contact.
Reply 16
Those guys aren't after me for one thing- I haven't said that anywhere. They're just controlling as in don't do this don't do that. Also I'm not sure what you mean by 'lower your standards'. Do you mean lookswise? If so, I've dated average looking guys with dominant personalities. I don't think alpha has to mean the guy is good looking... :| So I really have no clue what this has to do with lowering my standards... what an odd thing to say to someone. How would you've feel if I told you to 'lower your standards' that's rude. Would like to hear you say that to me in person. Anyway thank you for your useful response got great advice out of it. 😃

I misread what you wrote, somehow I had the impression you only were after the alpha males. Sorry about that.

Who knows why you attract "alpha" guys anyway, that's quite an ambiguous question. It might just be a coincidence or just being unlucky. A lot of these so-called alpha males tend to be after one thing by the way, so that point is still valid. You need to put yourself out there more, be in situations where you meet nerdy guys, if you're into that so going to book clubs for example.

Lowering standards isn't an insult anyway.
alphas are more attracted to beta females, chances are theres something about you that says 'submissive'. you're probably nice and sweet, turn into a b itch and watch how quickly you repel them and attract beta males.
OP what you need is the guy on the middle spectrum of beta/alpha yet confident, but not overbearingly so.
Original post by Black Cat
OP what you need is the guy on the middle spectrum of beta/alpha yet confident, but not overbearingly so.

That sounds like a nice guy. Haven't come across that type yet.
Original post by UWS
I misread what you wrote, somehow I had the impression you only were after the alpha males. Sorry about that.

Who knows why you attract "alpha" guys anyway, that's quite an ambiguous question. It might just be a coincidence or just being unlucky. A lot of these so-called alpha males tend to be after one thing by the way, so that point is still valid. You need to put yourself out there more, be in situations where you meet nerdy guys, if you're into that so going to book clubs for example.

Lowering standards isn't an insult anyway.

It's okay I realise I haven't worded some stuff right like the title of the thread. I have tried to meet the nerd type and talk to them but they don't seem into me in that way lol... :frown: Some of them won't even talk to me much.
alphas are more attracted to beta females, chances are theres something about you that says 'submissive'. you're probably nice and sweet, turn into a b itch and watch how quickly you repel them and attract beta males.

Yeah I'm not going to lie I kind of am. So sometimes I actually do try to act *****y but I've tried to act *****y one time to this guy and the guy still came after me after I did. Maybe he thought I was shy or something and that made me act rude? Yeah looking back at it he's that arrogant that he would've thought 'she's only rude cos she's shy and likes me' or something.

Latest

Trending

Trending