The Student Room Group

Guy not responding

So I've had this annoying crush on this guy at uni. After telling my friend, she told me to just talk to him but I can't look at his face cos he's so cute and I can't stop my heart from racing or saying something really stupid (guess you could say I was kinda shy). Like even when he's close by and I'm talking to someone, ill say the dumbest things and regret it for days.

Anywayyy, so I thought I'd work the courage and talk to him about work via text cos I was confident he knew who I was etc yeah it's been like a week and mans still not responded. At first I was like whatever cos I'm used to ghosting ppl myself but having it done by my crush has ripped my self esteem to little pieces. Every time we make eye contact or even when he's just talking I feel so humiliated and stupid like what was I thinking?? Sigh, I'm literally an emotional wreck rn to the point I'm on tsr asking for help since I don't want to tell ppl that I know.

Should I even bother approaching him? Not replying was a clear sign of no interest despite me only talking about work. I take my studies quite seriously but with him around it's not really working.

Scroll to see replies

You need to forget about him! Time to avoid eye contact and make it seem like you don’t care. Honestly there’s better guys out there and you’ll soon get over him!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Saoirsedoherty
You need to forget about him! Time to avoid eye contact and make it seem like you don’t care. Honestly there’s better guys out there and you’ll soon get over him!!!

Yeah ik he played a d*ck move by not replying but there's something just there pulling me to him

Like I don't feel sexually attracted to him (how u normally would when u crush on someone) but I just feel a pull somewhat with respect and wanting to care for him arghh idk man most of the fishes in the sea are rotten
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah ik he played a d*ck move by not replying but there's something just there pulling me to him

Like I don't feel sexually attracted to him (how u normally would when u crush on someone) but I just feel a pull somewhat with respect and wanting to care for him arghh idk man most of the fishes in the sea are rotten

Either leave it and wonder what could have been, or approach and if it works then you’re in luck, if you get rejected then at least you have closure 🙂
So I've had this annoying crush on this guy at uni. After telling my friend, she told me to just talk to him but I can't look at his face cos he's so cute and I can't stop my heart from racing or saying something really stupid (guess you could say I was kinda shy). Like even when he's close by and I'm talking to someone, ill say the dumbest things and regret it for days.

Anywayyy, so I thought I'd work the courage and talk to him about work via text cos I was confident he knew who I was etc yeah it's been like a week and mans still not responded. At first I was like whatever cos I'm used to ghosting ppl myself but having it done by my crush has ripped my self esteem to little pieces. Every time we make eye contact or even when he's just talking I feel so humiliated and stupid like what was I thinking?? Sigh, I'm literally an emotional wreck rn to the point I'm on tsr asking for help since I don't want to tell ppl that I know.

Should I even bother approaching him? Not replying was a clear sign of no interest despite me only talking about work. I take my studies quite seriously but with him around it's not really working.

Sorry to be the bearing of bad news, but if a guy doesn't reply to texts then that is a clear sign of disinterest. I wouldn't bother approaching him either he made it pretty clear and there is nothing more off putting than a persistent girl that you don't want. Wait and see.
Just try to move on
If all the fishes you find are rotten you’re probably looking in a dumpster
When you say by text do you mean you got his number, or via social media?

I know it seems like he’s the one but really think about how he would treat you if you were together, if it’s below him to reply to a simple message? I’ve been in a similar position, crazy about someone who I knew wasn’t even that interested. You’ll find a nice fish who will reply to your messages lol.
Reply 9
Original post by FairySparkleGirl
When you say by text do you mean you got his number, or via social media?

His number cos it seems more professional ygm and my friend gave it to me
Thanks guys! Literally everyone said the same thing so it makes sense that I get some self respect and move on lolol

Cheers byeee <3
His number cos it seems more professional ygm and my friend gave it to me

OK, I think this could be the problem. When I added the person I liked on social media it was after a few weeks and because they'd already expressed interest in seeing my website. So it was kind of ok–I had a reason. With him, though, you've gone behind his back to get his number from a third party, and he may be freaked out. He may already sense you like him and feel pushed into a corner. Might have been better to talk to him first and establish some form of common ground before moving to personal contact. It would be good to get men's views on this.
there's a guy in another thread whose girl isn't responding, u should talk to him instead
there's a guy in another thread whose girl isn't responding, u should talk to him instead

Ahaha dw I'm on it
Original post by FairySparkleGirl
OK, I think this could be the problem. When I added the person I liked on social media it was after a few weeks and because they'd already expressed interest in seeing my website. So it was kind of ok–I had a reason. With him, though, you've gone behind his back to get his number from a third party, and he may be freaked out. He may already sense you like him and feel pushed into a corner. Might have been better to talk to him first and establish some form of common ground before moving to personal contact. It would be good to get men's views on this.

I considered this possibility at first that's why I feel so stupid and dumb for texting him; I had this slight teeny tiinnyy feeling that he might like me back so I went for it. Obviously I was wrong cos man blank-blocked me on some whole new level. Also cos its uni, I'm used to having random ppl text me for help and work so I thought it'd be alright if I messaged him regarding work :frown:((
I considered this possibility at first that's why I feel so stupid and dumb for texting him; I had this slight teeny tiinnyy feeling that he might like me back so I went for it. Obviously I was wrong cos man blank-blocked me on some whole new level. Also cos its uni, I'm used to having random ppl text me for help and work so I thought it'd be alright if I messaged him regarding work :frown:((

Don't beat yourself up, you did your best at the time. What I've learned is that it's helpful to get that bit of ground first in real life, and then find a way to stay in touch naturally. I don't know him or your way of working at uni, but that was my first thought. Maybe you can still salvage it–let him get to know you, try talking to him more in real life and if it feels right instinctively you could mention your phone number grab/text in a future conversation lightheartedly. You weren't a psycho in the text, you haven't bombarded him so no harm was done. He might just need to get to know you. Good luck☺️ x
Reply 16
Bit of a **** move him not texting back at all! I take it he knows it’s you who’s texted and it’s not flashed up as a random number?

Even if I wasn’t interested in a girl I would still text her back if her message was about work/uni. Seems odd he hasn’t
Original post by ABC4
Bit of a **** move him not texting back at all! I take it he knows it’s you who’s texted and it’s not flashed up as a random number?

Even if I wasn’t interested in a girl I would still text her back if her message was about work/uni. Seems odd he hasn’t

I totally agree with the above - a better guy would have have texted back regardless - not just act as if you didn't exist (that's how it made me feel anyway ) as I have just had this done to me - and I have 2 kids at Uni! so it can happen whatever your age - sadly some people are just unkind.
Gurrllll, I'm so sorry this happened to you :0
U honestly deserve a better guy, u sound like such a nice person xx stop crushin on this jerk, find another fishy, take care hun x
Reply 19
I totally agree with the above - a better guy would have have texted back regardless - not just act as if you didn't exist (that's how it made me feel anyway ) as I have just had this done to me - and I have 2 kids at Uni! so it can happen whatever your age - sadly some people are just unkind.

Gurrllll, I'm so sorry this happened to you :0
U honestly deserve a better guy, u sound like such a nice person xx stop crushin on this jerk, find another fishy, take care hun x

Why does OP "deserve a better guy" when she does the exact same things to guys

Looks like karma caught up with her a little, and I have no sympathy..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending