The Student Room Group

Anyone into Muse?👌

Just going through a Muse binge tonight; they're my favourite band.

What's your favourite Muse song, album, and band member.

For me it's The Small Print, Hullabaloo or Origins of Symmetry, and Matt Bellamy ❤️
Reply 1
Tried really hard to get into them but never could manage it.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Tried really hard to get into them but never could manage it.

Awww what a shame 💔what sort of Muse-ic (I'm awful I know 😂) are you into?
I quite like them, supermassive black hole is probably my favourite!:smile:
Reply 4
Mostly weird metal, AOR and hip-hop, I suppose. I don't discriminate though, if I like it, I like it. Not fussed if it's a genre outside of those three. It annoys me a bit that I don't get Muse because they are one of those bands that I feel like I am compelled to like. basically all my mates love them, and they're music snobs, haha.
Reply 5
Original post by Toastiekid
I quite like them, supermassive black hole is probably my favourite!:smile:

It's a great song; are you a new Muser or old one? 😉
Original post by Ecds
It's a great song; are you a new Muser or old one? 😉

My parents played it a lot when I was younger and I was on a throwback playlist the other day when I saw their cover of feeling good so I hit the album origin of symmetry and listened to it:smile: what other music do you like? I like Bastille, the script, radiohead, good charlotte and fall out boy (I have a varied ish taste)
Reply 7
Original post by gjd800
Mostly weird metal, AOR and hip-hop, I suppose. I don't discriminate though, if I like it, I like it. Not fussed if it's a genre outside of those three. It annoys me a bit that I don't get Muse because they are one of those bands that I feel like I am compelled to like. basically all my mates love them, and they're music snobs, haha.

No that's fair; I know what you mean though. You feel obliged to like one artist because it's similar but you just really don't get it. Muse are a bit odd and don't really fit into one genre *cough cough* panic station *cough cough* so I can completely understand xD
Reply 8
I did quite like Origin of Symmetry. I remember getting it when I was in high school, ha.
Reply 9
Original post by Toastiekid
My parents played it a lot when I was younger and I was on a throwback playlist the other day when I saw their cover of feeling good so I hit the album origin of symmetry and listened to it:smile: what other music do you like? I like Bastille, the script, radiohead, good charlotte and fall out boy (I have a varied ish taste)

I love their cover of Feeling Good! I actually first heard them when I was 10 playing Guitar Hero; I think I was playing Knights of Cydonia? I also like Radiohead. I'm into a lot of different genres; Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj when I'm working out, a bit of electro swing, some heavy metal, screamo, Coldplay, Lana del Rey. But Muse steal my heart and I'm defo into their more angsty stuff like Hysteria ❤️
Original post by Ecds
Just going through a Muse binge tonight; they're my favourite band.

What's your favourite Muse song, album, and band member.

For me it's The Small Print, Hullabaloo or Origins of Symmetry, and Matt Bellamy ❤️

They're my favourite band too! I see them as the next Led Zeppelin and Queen, so they're destined for rock n' roll greatness. Their musical virtuosity far surpasses some of the current critically-acclaimed bands whose songwriting abilities are overrated imo.

Fav song: MK Ultra
Fav album: Absolution
Fav member: Dominic, because I am also a drummer :smile:
Reply 11
Awesome username 😊 I love Dom unfortunately I haven't met him or Chris 💔I once met Matt after a gig in Exeter in 2015 - have you ever one to see them live?
Original post by Ecds
Awesome username 😊 I love Dom unfortunately I haven't met him or Chris 💔I once met Matt after a gig in Exeter in 2015 - have you ever one to see them live?

Thanks haha, do you like the show? Sadly I haven't but I'm really excited about the new album so I'm hoping to see them soon. What was Matt like?
I really like Muse. The songs that come to mind straight away that I think are great are Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, Time is running out, Starlight and of course Plugin Baby. I also have a soft spot for Undisclosed Desires. It's really cool to have an English Band who are credible and can compete with the big American rock acts. I think it would be great if Muse did the next Bond theme tune
Muse are amazing, I seen them live 4 times now, you cannot beat this song [video="youtube;z9D71pQaTnc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9D71pQaTnc[/video]
I am obsessed with their Supermassive Black Hole and Starlight :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by GeoJones94
I really like Muse. The songs that come to mind straight away that I think are great are Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, Time is running out, Starlight and of course Plugin Baby. I also have a soft spot for Undisclosed Desires. It's really cool to have an English Band who are credible and can compete with the big American rock acts. I think it would be great if Muse did the next Bond theme tune

I think Supremacy was actually meant to be the song for Skyfall until Adele came along 😂
Reply 17
Original post by The Demogorgon
Thanks haha, do you like the show? Sadly I haven't but I'm really excited about the new album so I'm hoping to see them soon. What was Matt like?

He was actually rather normal; on interviews he's always struck me as being a little shy and quite down to earth. He's not so fussed about media appearances I think.
I think he's more concerned about his friends and family. Tbh I think they wanted to go into music because they enjoyed it rather than wanting to be famous and that's really what they seem to be like in person
Original post by Ecds
I think Supremacy was actually meant to be the song for Skyfall until Adele came along 😂

Well that sucks 😂
Exo-politics. :love:

Quick Reply

Latest