The Student Room Group

Don't know which uni I like?

I've got offers for lancaster, bath spa, cardiff, kent and exeter to do religious studies. I visited them after already applying (stupidly). went to bath spa and didnt really like the course because it was too much based on philosophy. went to cardiff and it didnt really stand out to me as being good or bad, I just couldn't see myself there for some reason. I went to see Lancaster (which is a 5 hour drive from home) with my parents and I guess it looked the best I'd seen so far but still not really sure. I'm going to see Exeter in march, and I don't think I will see kent as its too far and I don't think I will end up going there. I don't know if I have picked the wrong course or just the wrong unis, but I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be about going, there weren't any that I thought I could see myself at. don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by EJH240600
I've got offers for lancaster, bath spa, cardiff, kent and exeter to do religious studies. I visited them after already applying (stupidly). went to bath spa and didnt really like the course because it was too much based on philosophy. went to cardiff and it didnt really stand out to me as being good or bad, I just couldn't see myself there for some reason. I went to see Lancaster (which is a 5 hour drive from home) with my parents and I guess it looked the best I'd seen so far but still not really sure. I'm going to see Exeter in march, and I don't think I will see kent as its too far and I don't think I will end up going there. I don't know if I have picked the wrong course or just the wrong unis, but I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be about going, there weren't any that I thought I could see myself at. don't know what to do :frown:

So it seems like you aren't keen on going to a university that's far from home, taking the universities out of it are you still excited at all by doing religious studies?
Original post by claireestelle
So it seems like you aren't keen on going to a university that's far from home, taking the universities out of it are you still excited at all by doing religious studies?

yeah I think so, i didn't do it at a level because there is only one college in my town and they dont provide it, but i did it at gcse and enjoyed the
class and it was my only a* grade as well - i cant see my self doing any of my a levels at uni (law, psychology, english lit) so if i was going to go to uni it would probably be what i would want to do. i do think some of it is how far lancaster is from home
yeah I think so, i didn't do it at a level because there is only one college in my town and they dont provide it, but i did it at gcse and enjoyed the
class and it was my only a* grade as well - i cant see my self doing any of my a levels at uni (law, psychology, english lit) so if i was going to go to uni it would probably be what i would want to do. i do think some of it is how far lancaster is from home

So taking out it being far from home, would it be somewhere you could be happy at? It is normal to be homesick at university but many people get used to it in time and lancaster is on a decent train route if you did need to travel.
Original post by claireestelle
So taking out it being far from home, would it be somewhere you could be happy at? It is normal to be homesick at university but many people get used to it in time and lancaster is on a decent train route if you did need to travel.

yeah, there were loads of aspects of it that were right for me in other ways, i liked that its all on one campus rather than spread over a city, i liked the collegiate system and that lancaster itself isnt a really big city, and the students/lecturer I met were really nice, i like that the course is flexible as you take up at least one module from another discipline, so all of that was great, i guess i porbably just think i will be homesick
yeah, there were loads of aspects of it that were right for me in other ways, i liked that its all on one campus rather than spread over a city, i liked the collegiate system and that lancaster itself isnt a really big city, and the students/lecturer I met were really nice, i like that the course is flexible as you take up at least one module from another discipline, so all of that was great, i guess i porbably just think i will be homesick

I think if it's only the homesickness you're worried about then it could still be worth going there, you could always get the train home occasionally if you had to.
Reply 6
You said that you don't feel as excited as you did do about going, and "if i was going to go to uni it would probably be what i would want to do" I'm wondering if you're unsure about going to university at all, or at least not sure whether it's the right thing at this point? There's absolutely no harm in taking a year out to decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending