The Student Room Group

Voluntry Work Question

What should I answer to the following questions in a application form for NHS Foundation Voluntary Service.

1. Explain why you are applying to volunteer.
2. What skills do you have that will enhance our patient experience.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Volibear
I don't mean to be rude but the questions are asking for your reasons and qualities, not ours.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

What I meant is, do I have tell them that I am doing it for applying into medical uni or explaining them how passionate I am about working for NHS and helping people etc..
Original post by ZeeVee1
What I meant is, do I have tell them that I am doing it for applying into medical uni or explaining them how passionate I am about working for NHS and helping people etc..

Question 1 should include all of the reasons you just stated. Explain why you are passionate about working for NHS and helping people, and that you are furthering this by hopefully going into medicine. You could also talk about what you hope to get out of the volunteering.

Question 2 draws upon your own qualities or skills. If you have done work experience or previous volunteering in a related role, you could talk about this. Otherwise, talk about your own skills from extra-curricular or other activities that could be transferrable to this role.
Reply 3
Thanks all.
I guess I will write both, my reason for applying and my qualities. I have done 1 year at charity shop as well which I intend to mention as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending