The Student Room Group

Are mini skirts a distraction at school and work?

Scroll to see replies

Ima add on this

As a Bi girl I overall have mixed reactions to girls my age showing skin, if I think the girl is hot then in all honestly yes I will notice. Theres nothing wrong with that, theres going to be boys and girls who do the same with me considering I have a larger chest and on nights out will wear shirts that show that off and on occasion ill wear that to class. the diffrence is how youre going about this, commenting on it to the person (e.g flirting) is just kinda rude but notcing isnt a huge issue, youre human, some people have things that youll like.
though when youre in a work envroment then you should follow dress codes, if its an issue than effects learning then it needs to be addressed
I wore a short skirt in school, it was mostly about style and pushing the boundaries. Skirts that cover your knees are like ‘granny’ skirts and make your legs look shorter.

Skirts also naturally ride up when you sit or walk/run especially the school pleated skirts. I remember getting mildly annoyed being told to pull my skirt down all the time.

There wasn’t a sexual side to it because we were kids and didn’t think that the length of cloth on your legs might make someone want to have sex with you.
Just look away, no?
This conversation has literally been held for 60 years.
Original post by Alive97
Just look away, no?

I can but the image has been implanted in my mind and ngl it does often turn me on.
Original post by Alive97
Just look away, no?

Bit difficult in a class of 30 kids.
Original post by justanotherchica
I can but the image has been implanted in my mind and ngl it does often turn me on.

Honestly just focus on your work, think about gross stuff and if all else fails grit your teeth and get through it
Original post by cat_mac
I wore a short skirt in school, it was mostly about style and pushing the boundaries. Skirts that cover your knees are like ‘granny’ skirts and make your legs look shorter.

Skirts also naturally ride up when you sit or walk/run especially the school pleated skirts. I remember getting mildly annoyed being told to pull my skirt down all the time.

There wasn’t a sexual side to it because we were kids and didn’t think that the length of cloth on your legs might make someone want to have sex with you.

I totally understand that as a girl not just with mini skirts but in my house wearing a top that even slightly shows my stomach or hips or rides up a bit causes so much outrage because apparently its soo sexual when really im just slouching on the sofa watching tv with crisps stuffed in my mouth and it naturally just rides up. So i get that there isnt a sexual aspect to that... but am I as a girl allowed to be turned on by other girls who wear ( not anyone under the age of 15) mini skirts or crop tops or is that creepy? I can imagine that there are people who have looked at me like that... and I don't find it offensive but what do other girls think?
Original post by DrSocSciences
This conversation has literally been held for 60 years.

This.
I mean I think a dress code should be adhered to and in general miniskirts aren't allowed and also there's a lot to be said about a society that makes school aged children want to dress in such a revealing way but like
you just have to train yourself not to look at/be distracted by them
Original post by justanotherchica
I totally understand that as a girl not just with mini skirts but in my house wearing a top that even slightly shows my stomach or hips or rides up a bit causes so much outrage because apparently its soo sexual when really im just slouching on the sofa watching tv with crisps stuffed in my mouth and it naturally just rides up. So i get that there isnt a sexual aspect to that... but am I as a girl allowed to be turned on by other girls who wear ( not anyone under the age of 15) mini skirts or crop tops or is that creepy? I can imagine that there are people who have looked at me like that... and I don't find it offensive but what do other girls think?

I’ve always hated the way adults police the bodies of kids, it teaches us from a young age that our bodies are something to be ashamed of and hidden, like something bad will happen if we show a shoulder.

There’s nothing wrong or creepy with being turned on by it, just make sure not to stare too much or it might make someone uncomfortable! When someone does dress revealingly, they at least accept that someone might like what they see. It’s how the person acts on those feelings that determines the creepy level.
I think girls should be able to wear whatever they choose and female comfortable in. It shouldn’t be sexualised. Everyone has a body and no one should be viewed as a piece of meat.

I am attracted to girls but it comes easy to me to respect them and not sexualise them in everyday situations
Original post by Andrew97
Bit difficult in a class of 30 kids.

Haha true!
Bit prostitutey
The problem with miniskirts isn't that they're distracting, it's that they're not suitable for either school or a workplace environment. Teenage boys in particular are bound to find girls in short skirts somewhat sexual and that's natural, not so natural if it's grown men finding them sexual.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending