The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Any Adult Nursing applicants for sept 2018??

Hi guys,
I have recieved a conditional offer to study Adult Nursing at Salford for sept 2018. Anybody else planning on going? Would be great to know people before i start course!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi my name is Helen and I just applied to Salford adult nursing don’t know if I will be picked but fingers crossed can you please give me a few hint on what to expect during the interview and how to prepare my self thanks
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ZKarim
Hi guys,
I have recieved a conditional offer to study Adult Nursing at Salford for sept 2018. Anybody else planning on going? Would be great to know people before i start course!!

Hi am applying for the September set too but haven’t been called for interview nervous and anxious
Reply 3
Original post by ZKarim
Hi guys,

I have had my interview for child nursing and I know it's different for everyone but how long would you say it took to receive an offer after having your interview?
Original post by ZKarim
Hi guys,

Hi ZKarim,

We have a Facebook group aimed at helping starter students find people on their course.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/367062380383886/

Send a request to join and i can get you in the group as soon as possible. I think it would be worthwhile messaging in the group to ask to join an adult nursing social group. Or you could even make your own, it is up to you!

If you have any more questions about this, send them over!

Thanks,
Ryan - Graduate Social Media Assistant
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Ukwungwu
Hi my name is Helen and I just applied to Salford adult nursing don’t know if I will be picked but fingers crossed can you please give me a few hint on what to expect during the interview and how to prepare my self thanks

Hi Helen sorry for late reply i have been busy with college deadlines! Don't worry hun it is so informal you will feel at ease on the day. I would say make sure you practise your maths as they give you 20 questions to answer in 20 minutes. It was a killer i left 4. English test is dead easy so dont worry about it. Also they ask you about 7 questions. I can't give you the questions as it is frowned upon but make sure you have researched the university and the nursing proffession. Also they ask you scenario based questions too. Hope this helps and let me know how you get on xx
Reply 6
Original post by Ukwungwu
Hi am applying for the September set too but haven’t been called for interview nervous and anxious

I got my interview pretty quick as i applied in november.
Reply 7
Original post by VickyD1
I have had my interview for child nursing and I know it's different for everyone but how long would you say it took to receive an offer after having your interview?

Hi Vicky,
I got my offer after 10 days and my friend applied to do child nursing she has recieved a conditional offer too from salford that too was around 10 days. Fingers crossed for you. We are dead excited x
Reply 8
Original post by University of Salford
Hi ZKarim,

We have a Facebook group aimed at helping starter students find people on their course.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/367062380383886/

Send a request to join and i can get you in the group as soon as possible. I think it would be worthwhile messaging in the group to ask to join an adult nursing social group. Or you could even make your own, it is up to you!

If you have any more questions about this, send them over!

Thanks,

Thank you Ryan it is very nice and considerate of you to reply. I dont have facebook i think i will join!
Reply 9
Original post by ZKarim
Hi Vicky,
I got my offer after 10 days and my friend applied to do child nursing she has recieved a conditional offer too from salford that too was around 10 days. Fingers crossed for you. We are dead excited x

That's so good!!!! Well done for getting your place :-) I got my conditional offer through yesterday I was so shocked I had my interview on Thursday! Mega happy though I start in January. Xx
Reply 10
Original post by VickyD1
That's so good!!!! Well done for getting your place :-) I got my conditional offer through yesterday I was so shocked I had my interview on Thursday! Mega happy though I start in January. Xx

Eeek!! Soo pleased for you! Well done you must have really impressed to get it so quick. Did they lower your UCAS points? They did for us. Is that January 2019?? Hope to see you around college xx
Reply 11
Original post by ZKarim
Eeek!! Soo pleased for you! Well done you must have really impressed to get it so quick. Did they lower your UCAS points? They did for us. Is that January 2019?? Hope to see you around college xx

I think so I got the offer for 104 ucas points in my access course, checked that on the ucas tariff calculator and that is 3 distinctions and 12 merits. I have 5 distinctions and 1 merit so far so i am on track already! I'm so happy! And thankyou so much! That's really good I bet you are so excited and yes January 2019. I would rather have September but I'm just so happy to be offered a place so I can't complain :-) xx
I have my uni interview at Salford for nursing thursday I am really nervous and have no clue what to expect! Is there a group interview or has that stopped?
Reply 13
Original post by iyabethanyox
I have my uni interview at Salford for nursing thursday I am really nervous and have no clue what to expect! Is there a group interview or has that stopped?

Hey I didn't have a group interview I did children's nursing though not sure about adult. There is a maths and English comprehension test though and we had individual interviews x could be similar x
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by VickyD1
Hey I didn't have a group interview I did children's nursing though not sure about adult. There is a maths and English comprehension test though and we had individual interviews x could be similar x

Ahh thanks for getting back to me I’m so nervous! I hope the same applys for adult nursing as I dread a group interview 🙈 What do you have to write for the English test? How long is the interview process altogether?
Reply 15
Ahh thanks for getting back to me I’m so nervous! I hope the same applys for adult nursing as I dread a group interview 🙈 What do you have to write for the English test? How long is the interview process altogether?

A few of the girls on my access course are going salford doing adult nursing so I will ask them and let you know at some point today x and I was in there for around an hour and half, the lecturers brought us all into a room and introduced themselves to us asked if we had any questions, then we did a 20 minute maths test with no calculator allowed (similar questions are on NHS SN@P), then we did A 20 minute English comprehension test it was based on an article and we had to just answer 4 questions relating to the article, very easy questions it's just to test your spelling, punctuation and grammar. And then we were called in one by one for our individual interview. Very relaxed they are lovely. I had a very formal interview at another uni and it was awful! Salford make you feel very much at ease x
Original post by VickyD1
A few of the girls on my access course are going salford doing adult nursing so I will ask them and let you know at some point today x and I was in there for around an hour and half, the lecturers brought us all into a room and introduced themselves to us asked if we had any questions, then we did a 20 minute maths test with no calculator allowed (similar questions are on NHS SN@P), then we did A 20 minute English comprehension test it was based on an article and we had to just answer 4 questions relating to the article, very easy questions it's just to test your spelling, punctuation and grammar. And then we were called in one by one for our individual interview. Very relaxed they are lovely. I had a very formal interview at another uni and it was awful! Salford make you feel very much at ease x

Oh thankyou so much! You have made me feel so much better about it now! Trying not to let my nerves get the better of me! Is there a lot of people at the interview? X
Reply 17
Oh thankyou so much! You have made me feel so much better about it now! Trying not to let my nerves get the better of me! Is there a lot of people at the interview? X

I've just had a response from two of the girls who have places for salford on my course n they said no there is no group interview for adult nursing x so that's better I suppose! And yes definately don't let nerves get the better of you, I had been to four interviews for child nursing all in The space of 3 weeks and Salford was by far the one I felt most comfortable, they're so nice and make you feel comfortable and are interested in your character. I think even the most nervous person in the world would feel at ease there, they're amazing! Wishing you the best of luck with your interview x

Hey Beth,

If you haven't already I would recommend checking this page out.
http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applying-1/healthandsociety-interviews

It will give you a good insight into how your interview will go. Also don't worry about being nervous, it is a very natural thing, especially when getting interviewed.

Wish you the best!
Original post by VickyD1
I've just had a response from two of the girls who have places for salford on my course n they said no there is no group interview for adult nursing x so that's better I suppose! And yes definately don't let nerves get the better of you, I had been to four interviews for child nursing all in The space of 3 weeks and Salford was by far the one I felt most comfortable, they're so nice and make you feel comfortable and are interested in your character. I think even the most nervous person in the world would feel at ease there, they're amazing! Wishing you the best of luck with your interview x

Ahhh thankyou! Hopefully I’ll do well! I seem to get serious mind block when I get asked questions, which isn’t good so I’m trying to prepare as much as I can! But you’ve definitely made me feel better thankyou for your help! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending