The Student Room Group

Proof of NCB

Hello,

I currently have a policy with 'Ingenie', which is due to end on the 27th of February. They've sent me a renewal letter on the 7th which states that I've been insured with them for a year and later on states that my NCD is one year. I was considering buying a new car before my current expiry date on the 27th. I have contacted Ingenie to inform them I wish to cancel my policy on the 27th and they've told me that once it's been terminated they shall send me my NCB certificate. My question is: Would I be able to insure the new car and provide the new insurer (Tesco) with the renewal letter as proof of no claims rather than an actual certificate?

Thanks
Original post by MatthewNorth99
Hello,

I currently have a policy with 'Ingenie', which is due to end on the 27th of February. They've sent me a renewal letter on the 7th which states that I've been insured with them for a year and later on states that my NCD is one year. I was considering buying a new car before my current expiry date on the 27th. I have contacted Ingenie to inform them I wish to cancel my policy on the 27th and they've told me that once it's been terminated they shall send me my NCB certificate. My question is: Would I be able to insure the new car and provide the new insurer (Tesco) with the renewal letter as proof of no claims rather than an actual certificate?

Thanks

The renewal letter counts as your NCB proof.
Original post by nevershear
The renewal letter counts as your NCB proof.

Exactly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending