The Student Room Group

English Lit GCSE study resource below!

Hi fellow gcse peers, i came across a resource recently on this site called lit charts, and acquired quite a few of the eng lit texts analysis that i think could help some people, it contains themes, quotes, analysis of characters, and analysis of the text, just comment the texts you study if you'd like me to message you the resource :smile:

edit: Quality of analysis may differ with texts, I cant vouch and say every text analysis is amazing because I don't study all of the texts, but the ones I have studied for and used, are great.

edit: You'll probably need to do structure and form on your own/from somewhere else because it doesnt analyse them in enough depth, and although the website is free if you search it, the files I have are the full versions.

Edit: I don't have anything for poetry, sorry. But Mr bruffs videos have helped me a lot so far!

Edit: the most popular texts seem to be Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, and A Christmas Carol. Its so time consuming to individually send the texts, so the most popular ones are linked here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B35g0xPklxjeTW95Tng0d09GVVE5alY5SXJjaUFTX3RjRzVJ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B35g0xPklxjeWHg4WllvQzJjR2ZpOVczbTVJTUJMVkUzNnl3

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B35g0xPklxjeRlNHQjdVdS1zTXJYY29DbFRJMW03Tkx2MnRv

EDIT AGAIN:biggrin:: @LarissaAlves added another great resource for Power and Conflict students! Here it is: https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/fdcef0a0-22db-11e8-9b74-f9cf15791499/section/802b48f0-22dc-11e8-9b74-f9cf15791499

It's worth checking out their science resources too :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspiring-student
Hi fellow gcse peers, i came across a resource recently on this site called lit charts, and acquired quite a few of the eng lit texts analysis that i think could help some people, it contains themes, quotes, analysis of characters, and analysis of the text, just comment the texts you study if you'd like me to message you the resource :smile:

I study:
* Macbeth
* Great Expectations
* An inspector calls
* Poetry: power and conflict

I would be really grateful if you messaged me some of these resources.
Thanks in advance.

Lit charts are the authors of spark notes i think, and they are really good, shmoop notes are also good.
Reply 3
Hey, I do:
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Macbeth
The Lord of the Flies
Poetry: Power and Conflict
Thank you in advance if you have time to send me resources about these books!

I study: Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector Calls and if you're offering poetry then Power and Conflict poetry cluster. Thanks so much!!
Original post by Ihatelife2
I study:
* Macbeth
* Great Expectations
* An inspector calls
* Poetry: power and conflict

I would be really grateful if you messaged me some of these resources.
Thanks in advance.

Just messsaged you them :smile: Sorry I couldnt find any poetry ones, but mr bruff on youtube has helped me a lot!
Original post by it'sme12
Hey, I do:
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Macbeth
The Lord of the Flies
Poetry: Power and Conflict
Thank you in advance if you have time to send me resources about these books!

Done! Check your messages :smile:
Original post by mamasaywhatnow
I study: Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector Calls and if you're offering poetry then Power and Conflict poetry cluster. Thanks so much!!

Done! Check your messages :smile:
Just messsaged you them :smile: Sorry I couldnt find any poetry ones, but mr bruff on youtube has helped me a lot!

Thank you sooo much.
Reply 9
macbeth,christmas carol,inspector calls.thanks
I study MacbethPride and prejudiceNever let me go Power and conflict
Reply 11

edit: Quality of analysis may differ with texts, I cant vouch and say every text analysis is amazing because I don't study all of the texts, but the ones I have studied for and used, are great.

studying macbeth, an inspector calls, a christmas carol, and poetry: relationships

you're doing the lords work x
Just checked it out. Thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Romeo and Juliet, A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls thanks
Original post by lolu123
macbeth,christmas carol,inspector calls.thanks

done, check your messages :smile:
Original post by amypops
I study MacbethPride and prejudiceNever let me go Power and conflict

done, check your messages:smile:
Original post by mikela
studying macbeth, an inspector calls, a christmas carol, and poetry: relationships

you're doing the lords work x

check your messages, sent them x
Original post by Abby__
Romeo and Juliet, A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls thanks

sent you them, check messages x
Heyy, thanks a lot!

I study:

Macbeth
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Inspector Calls
Power and Conflict in the Poetry anthology

edit: You'll probably need to do structure and form on your own/from somewhere else because it doesnt analyse them in enough depth, and although the website is free if you search it, the files I have are the full versions.

Hey there!!!
I am doing:
- The Sign Of Four
- Macbeth

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending