The Student Room Group

Drinks to bring to parties....

Hello all I need some recommendations for drinks to bring to a party. It’s in a few days and idk what to bring. I’m not a massive drinker but I want to be having a good time at this thing so any recs?
It needs to be portable (carry it with me around the place so maybe like a bottle or something I can mix and carry around), not taste like arse, and cheap pls!

I’ve seen ppl with vodka and cranberry and also ppl with just a bottle of wine for themselves... any wine recs?
Arrogant frog (French) for white wine and Chianti Rufina for red. Theyre not too expensive, special or dry which I like!

Vodka and lemonade is pretty safe if the lemonade's sour or bitter enough, I hate the taste of vodka.
Ribena
Reply 3
Original post by Bulletzone
Ribena

Nasty
orangeade

:yy:
Reply 5
Original post by Bang Outta Order
orangeade

:yy:

Nastier but I respect the inbetweeners
Original post by Anonymous
Nasty

There's nothing nasty about Ribena.
Anyone who speaks such negativity about ribena needs to re-evaluate their life.

RIBENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Reply 7
Original post by Bulletzone
There's nothing nasty about Ribena.
Anyone who speaks such negativity about ribena needs to re-evaluate their life.

RIBENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nasty

just mix your favourite fizzy drink/juice with a spirit you can handle (vodka/gin/rum). pop it in a plastic bottle and you're good to go.
or if you like wine then buy a cheap bottle and drink from that. a lot of cheap wines taste vile but cheap prosecco still tastes decent.
if you don't mind beer or cider then just bring a few cans in a bag and then hide the bag so no one else nicks your cans. if you don't want to go through loads of cans to feel an effect then go for something with a higher % like K cider or tennents super
Original post by Bill Nye

Not as offensive as Ribena, but more offensive than citrus punch
Not as offensive as Ribena, but more offensive than citrus punch

Excuse me?

DONT DIS MY BOI RIBENA FAM

Just because he didn't have a decent upbringing in life... Ribena is the same as you and me.
Hello all I need some recommendations for drinks to bring to a party. It’s in a few days and idk what to bring. I’m not a massive drinker but I want to be having a good time at this thing so any recs?
It needs to be portable (carry it with me around the place so maybe like a bottle or something I can mix and carry around), not taste like arse, and cheap pls!

I’ve seen ppl with vodka and cranberry and also ppl with just a bottle of wine for themselves... any wine recs?

Mix yourself something. Bear in mind how long you want the drink to last and your resistance when making it up!

Back in my drinking days (like, last year...👀) I loved vodka, archers and lemonade. Archers covers the taste of vodka really well, but it’s also very sweet so you can alter proportions depending how much you like it. In a bar I used to get a double archers and lemonade and then pour in one vodka shot which was about right for me.

Wine-wise, I tend to go for a Rose as it’s sweeter and easier to drink. Never been a red or white fan (except my Dad’s blackberry wine is exquisite but also rather strong and I’d rather not waste it on a night out).

You could take a four-pack of beer or cider if they’re more your taste; good if you have a low alcohol tolerance but make sure you don’t leave them unattended as people at a house party WILL snatch all they can get! Unfortunately on one occasion I lost 3/4 bottles and had to go buy some more. The most frustrating thing is I didn’t see who stole them to get them to pay me back! 😭

If you take unmixed spirit and mixer then people will also want some, but seeing as they’re more likely to be next to you they will ask so I’d advise mixing in advance to avoid being asked. Also nobody will know how strong/weak it is!

What sort of flavours and strengths do you like an I can be more specific?
Original post by Bill Nye
Excuse me?

DONT DIS MY BOI RIBENA FAM

Just because he didn't have a decent upbringing in life... Ribena is the same as you and me.

Original post by carrotstar
Mix yourself something. Bear in mind how long you want the drink to last and your resistance when making it up!

Back in my drinking days (like, last year...👀) I loved vodka, archers and lemonade. Archers covers the taste of vodka really well, but it’s also very sweet so you can alter proportions depending how much you like it. In a bar I used to get a double archers and lemonade and then pour in one vodka shot which was about right for me.

Wine-wise, I tend to go for a Rose as it’s sweeter and easier to drink. Never been a red or white fan (except my Dad’s blackberry wine is exquisite but also rather strong and I’d rather not waste it on a night out).

You could take a four-pack of beer or cider if they’re more your taste; good if you have a low alcohol tolerance but make sure you don’t leave them unattended as people at a house party WILL snatch all they can get! Unfortunately on one occasion I lost 3/4 bottles and had to go buy some more. The most frustrating thing is I didn’t see who stole them to get them to pay me back! 😭

If you take unmixed spirit and mixer then people will also want some, but seeing as they’re more likely to be next to you they will ask so I’d advise mixing in advance to avoid being asked. Also nobody will know how strong/weak it is!

What sort of flavours and strengths do you like an I can be more specific?

Nothing crazy strong... I want to be functioning, but with a nice buzz. I like sweeter wines/flavours xx
Milk
Or tea
Nothing crazy strong... I want to be functioning, but with a nice buzz. I like sweeter wines/flavours xx

Malibu? That’s coconut flavoured and you could add more white rum to make it stronger if you like.
I’d probably go for something around 15-20% alcohol like that as it will have a more palatable flavour.
Also cactus Jacks do sort of bubblegum flavoured liqueurs which I think are meant for shots but come in raspberry and apple; they’re also cheap. Quite sweet again.

Or go for traditional rum and coke, vodka and coke,
But wines-wise I find a cheap rose is ok. Also I think Blossom Hill do a fruity range with summer fruit flavours or peach added which make them sweeter and they’re also lower alcohol (9% ish). They’re quite nice. Might want something else though as well if it’s going to last you more than 3-4 hours!
just mix your favourite fizzy drink/juice with a spirit you can handle (vodka/gin/rum). pop it in a plastic bottle and you're good to go.
or if you like wine then buy a cheap bottle and drink from that. a lot of cheap wines taste vile but cheap prosecco still tastes decent.
if you don't mind beer or cider then just bring a few cans in a bag and then hide the bag so no one else nicks your cans. if you don't want to go through loads of cans to feel an effect then go for something with a higher % like K cider or tennents super

Thank youuu
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
Or tea

Tea and vodka.... yum :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending