The Student Room Group

When do compensated credits get acknowledged?

Today I received my Jan exam results. I did well, however, I tripped up on one module, getting a 37%. This should be cited as a pass with compensation, however, this isn't showing as the result. I meet all the criteria to gain such a mark, but don't understand why it hasn't been granted.

Will the mark will be awarded when I get my final results at the end of the academic year, or have I just got to suck it up and resit?

I study Eng in Sussex.
Original post by The Mahoganator
Today I received my Jan exam results. I did well, however, I tripped up on one module, getting a 37%. This should be cited as a pass with compensation, however, this isn't showing as the result. I meet all the criteria to gain such a mark, but don't understand why it hasn't been granted.

Will the mark will be awarded when I get my final results at the end of the academic year, or have I just got to suck it up and resit?

I study Eng in Sussex.

What is a compensated mark and how do you qualify for it? It may be granted on a case by case basis but you may want to email your course director and ask.

I study Eng in Sussex.

Was it a core unit some places don't compensate for those it down to the uni i suggest you ask your tutor.
Read your uni's policy on compensation and take it from there.
Original post by alleycat393
What is a compensated mark and how do you qualify for it? It may be granted on a case by case basis but you may want to email your course director and ask.

I qualify for it, given all the criteria.

My question is, will it be granted at the end of the year?
I qualify for it, given all the criteria.

My question is, will it be granted at the end of the year?

I think your answer is above :smile:
Original post by alleycat393
I think your answer is above :smile:

Already emailed the course conveyor, just curious to know if anyone on here had any similar experiences. Awaiting a reply.
Already emailed the course conveyor, just curious to know if anyone on here had any similar experiences. Awaiting a reply.

Have you read the link I posted?
Original post by Duncan2012
Have you read the link I posted?

Yes I have, and nothing is mentioned about the timing of the awarding of the compensated credit.
Yes I have, and nothing is mentioned about the timing of the awarding of the compensated credit.

Yes it is. Read section 14 again.
Yes it is. Read section 14 again.

So is awarded at the end of the year when all modules have been completed and a total mean can be taken to ensure the >40%?
So is awarded at the end of the year when all modules have been completed and a total mean can be taken to ensure the >40%?

That's how I read it. And assuming you don't decide to resit that one module (which they have to offer), and assuming overall you have <= 30 compensation, trailed and condoned credits.

Assuming this is a single poor mark I think you'll be fine, good luck for the rest of the course :smile:
That's how I read it. And assuming you don't decide to resit that one module (which they have to offer), and assuming overall you have <= 30 compensation, trailed and condoned credits.

Assuming this is a single poor mark I think you'll be fine, good luck for the rest of the course :smile:

feeling a little better now, cheers for the second opinion! Was slightly blinded by annoyance/stress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending