The Student Room Group

Can I fail a module in 1st year at Birmingham and still progress?

Can i still make it into second year with only 100 credits?
It depends on the university's academic regulations. You need to check these out, or speak to the Students' Union or the Programme Administrator of your course.
Sometimes, a failed module can be "compensated" (i.e. you get the credits though you failed) but it will depend on things like the mark awarded and its credit rating - and this varies from uni to uni.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Bwalker09

https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/as/registry/legislation/regulations/regulations-2022-23.aspx

It looks like it in general, but you need to dig into the details. Note that if you fail a module first time round you get a second chance to pass it.
Original post by Bwalker09

Hey,

I would consult your tutor/module lead for more support on this matter. At my university, we get a second chance to pass the module so that we still get all of our credits, but the grade for the module is capped at 40%. But as everyone else says, academic regulations vary from uni to uni so it is best to go straight to them and check :smile:

All the best,
Sara
Reply 4
Original post by cheadle
It depends on the university's academic regulations. You need to check these out, or speak to the Students' Union or the Programme Administrator of your course.
Sometimes, a failed module can be "compensated" (i.e. you get the credits though you failed) but it will depend on things like the mark awarded and its credit rating - and this varies from uni to uni.

How would they give credits even if it is failed? I’ve done the assignment and multiple choice can I still get credits from that but if I’ve failed the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending