Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by entertainmyfaith
cold, definitely:h:

oooh, any particular reason why?
1 reply to my update yesterday - where did you all go?! :sad:

let’s hope today we have some more responses :yep:

once again, it was a bit of a nothing day. i like nothing days :cute:

i had a very slow start, and just browsed through social media while i watched tv throughout the morning. then i facetimed @Toastiekid for who knows how long... i really enjoyed chatting to her! :hugs:
talking about revision SoRt Of motivates me to get something done - i looked at some potential grade boosting revision guides online and updated my ‘things to do’ poster - i’ll insert a piccy! (it’s a bit messy though oops :s-smilie: )
742AEBD5-4904-482B-86E2-3CDA5D9A307B.jpg.jpeg

in terms of actual revision, i haven’t really done anything. i did look up some websites that had free revision resources and stuff but got no further than that!
i haven’t got much to do anyway, so i don’t see a non revision day as a failure - maybe just be a bit more productive next time?! :dontknow:

swam this evening. i’m really proud of myself as i swam two lots of 400im, i’ve never been able to do it, let alone do 100 fly so to have completed it was such a boost! :woo: , my goal was to complete the entire session as sometimes i’ll miss out lengths or whatever (i’m still coming back from injury and oml i’m so unfit it’s unreal) and i’m really happy i didn’t miss out those lengths today! it was really hard - but hopefully the benefits will start to show through soon :smile:

question of the day
what is your favourite subject and why?

Spoiler

bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

ahaaa yes twas great:tongue:
love the to do list...i have a similar one:wink:
favourite subject?
Probably maths because I find the subject interesting and I have lots of banter with the person I sit next to in the lesson:h:
Taking breaks is really important, a day off is not a wasted day; it’ll help in the long run:smile:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Looks like a good list :yep: I couldn't do the chocolate though!
Well done on your swimming!
I was out last night and I knew I'd commented that morning so that's why I didn't comment yesterday :tongue: I follow too many GYG to say I'll comment after every update!
Original post by Toastiekid
ahaaa yes twas great:tongue:
love the to do list...i have a similar one:wink:
favourite subject?
Probably maths because I find the subject interesting and I have lots of banter with the person I sit next to in the lesson:h:
Taking breaks is really important, a day off is not a wasted day; it’ll help in the long run:smile:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

:hugs:
we are the queens of to do lists :lol:
yay for maths! :P

definitely, and thank you :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Looks like a good list :yep: I couldn't do the chocolate though!
Well done on your swimming!
I was out last night and I knew I'd commented that morning so that's why I didn't comment yesterday :tongue: I follow too many GYG to say I'll comment after every update!

haha it’s so hard, but i’m trying to give it up for lent!
thank you :yep:
don’t worry about the commenting. i was just hoping maybe somebody would have responded, but it really doesn’t matter! :dontknow: i respect that you’ve been really busy - definitely wouldn’t be expecting you to respond to each update! :smile:
Original post by clouddbubbles
haha it’s so hard, but i’m trying to give it up for lent!
thank you :yep:
don’t worry about the commenting. i was just hoping maybe somebody would have responded, but it really doesn’t matter! :dontknow: i respect that you’ve been really busy - definitely wouldn’t be expecting you to respond to each update! :smile:

I would list the amount I've had today to show I couldn't survive without it, but that would be mean! Good luck with that though!
I think sometimes (especially Friday/Saturday as that's when TSR is at it's lowest activity) you get days when just lots of people aren't around :hugs: It is a shame when that happens, but it just does sometimes!
Original post by Lemur14
I would list the amount I've had today to show I couldn't survive without it, but that would be mean! Good luck with that though!
I think sometimes (especially Friday/Saturday as that's when TSR is at it's lowest activity) you get days when just lots of people aren't around :hugs: It is a shame when that happens, but it just does sometimes!

aw... i’m sure i’ll be able to do it, and appreciate all my easter chocolate! :eek3:

i don’t really mind, i think it was just the contrast from everyone being so incredibly active recently! :u:
(edited 6 years ago)
aw... i’m sure i’ll be able to do it, and appreciate all my easter chocolate! :eek3:

i don’t really mind, i think it was just the contrast from everyone being so incredibly active recently! :u:

Yeah, you'll appreciate them more this way! I'm still eating my Christmas ones though...
Probably as it's the end of half term!
Original post by Lemur14
Yeah, you'll appreciate them more this way! I'm still eating my Christmas ones though...
Probably as it's the end of half term!

i ate my christmas ones within the first week! oops!
yeah that might be why :smile:
oooh, any particular reason why?

i have a relly bad tolerance to the heat, i'm sweating even in winter:colondollar:

1 reply to my update yesterday - where did you all go?! :sad:

let’s hope today we have some more responses :yep:

once again, it was a bit of a nothing day. i like nothing days :cute:

i had a very slow start, and just browsed through social media while i watched tv throughout the morning. then i facetimed @Toastiekid for who knows how long... i really enjoyed chatting to her! :hugs:
talking about revision SoRt Of motivates me to get something done - i looked at some potential grade boosting revision guides online and updated my ‘things to do’ poster - i’ll insert a piccy! (it’s a bit messy though oops :s-smilie: )
742AEBD5-4904-482B-86E2-3CDA5D9A307B.jpg.jpeg

in terms of actual revision, i haven’t really done anything. i did look up some websites that had free revision resources and stuff but got no further than that!
i haven’t got much to do anyway, so i don’t see a non revision day as a failure - maybe just be a bit more productive next time?! :dontknow:

swam this evening. i’m really proud of myself as i swam two lots of 400im, i’ve never been able to do it, let alone do 100 fly so to have completed it was such a boost! :woo: , my goal was to complete the entire session as sometimes i’ll miss out lengths or whatever (i’m still coming back from injury and oml i’m so unfit it’s unreal) and i’m really happy i didn’t miss out those lengths today! it was really hard - but hopefully the benefits will start to show through soon :smile:

question of the day
what is your favourite subject and why?

Spoiler

Spoiler

my favourite subject is english:h: i find it so interesting! and well done on doing well in swimming:smile:
Sorry, I read your updates but forgot to comment! :colondollar: :innocent:
Sounds like you've had a more relaxing few days :yes: remember to have these from time to time :smile:
I like your poster! I've got something a bit like that I my bedroom!
:woo: for the swimming!
I think my favourite subject is maths because I just like the calmness of it, you can just lose track of time doing problems and puzzles. Also there is (generally) one answer unlike something like English where you have to make arguments for and against.
i ate my christmas ones within the first week! oops!
yeah that might be why :smile:

I'm a saver!

Posted from TSR Mobile
400 IMs need applauding.:congrats:

Only at my best could I manage those, and you're doing them with a tender shoulder. Very impressive.:smile:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
my favourite subject is english:h: i find it so interesting! and well done on doing well in swimming:smile:

oh i see! i understand then :yep:
english can be good, but i don’t really enjoy it!
Original post by laurawatt
Sorry, I read your updates but forgot to comment! :colondollar: :innocent:
Sounds like you've had a more relaxing few days :yes: remember to have these from time to time :smile:
I like your poster! I've got something a bit like that I my bedroom!
:woo: for the swimming!
I think my favourite subject is maths because I just like the calmness of it, you can just lose track of time doing problems and puzzles. Also there is (generally) one answer unlike something like English where you have to make arguments for and against.

i really appreciate relaxing days! :love:
it’s helpful for sure :yep:
maths is amazing when you understand something but it can be really relaxing - but if you don’t understand it gets really stressful :frown:

i’m similar with the maths v english argument. i don’t like ambiguous interpretations hahah!!
Original post by 04MR17
400 IMs need applauding.:congrats:

Only at my best could I manage those, and you're doing them with a tender shoulder. Very impressive.:smile:

thank you - i have to admit i wasn’t going very fast with them and finished a lot after everyone else but it was my first time :biggrin:
Original post by Lemur14

well i’m definitely not :lol:
i have a very sore eye and its not doing wonders for how i look - so i’m not excited to go into school tomorrow...

minimal studying again today. back to work tomorrow though!

skied this morning, made some gains, good starts, and tried to improve on my tragic performances in recent weeks. i have a race in 2 weeks but it’s straight after a swim meet :frown:

afterwards i went to nandos with my dad :dance: and omg IT WAS SO GOOD
there was a certain football derby going on down the road, and the noise was absolutely raucous. getting in the car and turning on the radio to the reaction of a goal in the 95th minute - yikes. we all went a bit crazy!

since i’ve been home, i haven’t done much. just printed off a specification - and somehow found the head of chemistry’s website which has so many awesome resources on it! i’m going to go through his powerpoints in a few hours and make notes :yep:

question of the day
what do you like to do in your spare time?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nando’s is the best:tongue:
What did you have?:wink:
Um in my free time (when no homework or revision) I like reading, playing tennis, baking and ofc Tsr-ing :biggrin:
Spare time is mostly on TSR :rofl:
Glad you've had some rest over half term though!
:woo: skiing sounds so fun :daydreaming:
In my spare time I like to go on TSR (obvs :laugh:) and read, do maths questions, play cello, attempt putting on makeup(! :eek3:) and bake if we have the right ingredients :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending