The Student Room Group

Failed my driving test with 3 majors :(

I feel like giving up, I thought I was ready for the test but somehow got 3 majors. I need some kind of motive to carry on.:frown:
learn from your mistakes. keep practising. you will make it.
What were the majors?
Original post by accountant-future
What were the majors?

One was for going through an amber, it changed like 1 second before I went through, another was for clearance/obstruction- It was when I was directed by a policeman because obviously there was an accident on the day of my test. The other was for apparently not looking at my mirrors when exiting a roundabout.
(edited 6 years ago)
No problemo, I failed my first test and later went on to fail my second. First time around, I was absolutely gutted. I spent the entire night thinking and rewinding it.

Second time, there was a lot more at stake and I was way too confident that I'd pass. Which isn't a bad thing, I just didn't prepare myself for failure, so when I did fail, I was ready to move to another country.

Still, third time lucky and I passed today with 3 minors 👌 So just keep at it. Most people don't pass first time anyways. At my test centre, the first time pass rate is about 40% so less than half of all candidates will make it. So don't take it too hard; just rebook and do it again (and again, if you're like me).
Original post by Anygy
No problemo, I failed my first test and later went on to fail my second. First time around, I was absolutely gutted. I spent the entire night thinking and rewinding it.

Second time, there was a lot more at stake and I was way too confident that I'd pass. Which isn't a bad thing, I just didn't prepare myself for failure, so when I did fail, I was ready to move to another country.

Still, third time lucky and I passed today with 3 minors 👌 So just keep at it. Most people don't pass first time anyways. At my test centre, the first time pass rate is about 40% so less than half of all candidates will make it. So don't take it too hard; just rebook and do it again (and again, if you're like me).

And, I also got three majors first time round.....
Original post by Anygy
And, I also got three majors first time round.....

Just booked another test for march 22, let’s hope I pass this time round!
Original post by davethedaver
One was for going through an amber, it changed like 1 second before I went through, another was for clearance/obstruction- It was when I was directed by a policeman because obviously there was an accident on the day of my test. The other was for apparently not looking at my mirrors when exiting a roundabout.

I always thought going through an amber wasn’t a major driving fault (unless it changed to red of course).
Original post by accountant-future
I always thought going through an amber wasn’t a major driving fault (unless it changed to red of course).

It changed to red as I was crossing, stupid mistake I know. I should've just stopped :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending