The Student Room Group

Teenage Muslim Girl and Feminist AMA

Scroll to see replies

Are you going to raise your kids the same way your parents raised you
Reply 21
Helo chief i am oae and i think that every religion has its own boundaries and would be islam's boundary. Since boundaries are to accept and to make secure no to be quistioned and not to be dispuyed.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Can women marry 4 men?
Can men wear silk and jewellery?
Are men given mahr?

These aren't rights these are privileges.
Reply 23
Original post by RezzBerry
Are you going to raise your kids the same way your parents raised you

Yes I will.
how do I react to those few Muslims that use their religion as a way to oppress or look down upon lgtb people? i hope not to offend you btw I'm just curious as Ibe had someone be deeply homophobic to me and when I went to my friends they just replied with well that's his religion.
thanks
Reply 25
Yes your friends were true and absolutely true and you must had understand that it is the metter of religion.
Reply 26
Yes no doubt in islam the verses of Quran which the Order of Allah Almighty in the final decission for all the muslims therefore there will be not any openion from my end.
Reply 27
But there is a personal quistion that are you considering me a male or a female? If female then you are wrong. I am a male and my name is Usman Sajid. Due to problems i this site i could not use my original name.
Thanx.
Original post by Cod3tte
No it isn't. All Muslims are taught to dress modestly, and some people's perception of modesty is covering your hair, which is completely okay.

Others believe covering your body is enough which is also okay.

Tell me where in the Qur'an it says:
"All women must wear a headscarf."

That is a rubbish argument. You can't interpret the Quran to your beliefs. You need to look what Quran quotes refer to when it comes to hijab and that includes head being covered.

Also in the Quran zakat is mentioned many times but there is no reference to how much zakat?

same with Salah there is not number mentioned.

your argument 'show me Quran' is not a sufficient one. The fact of the matter is to understand principles like zakat, salah etc.. you need to consult sahih hadiths. There it specifies the number. Even in Quran it is mentioned to follow the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) How could you know everything in his life from Quran? You can't only from hadiths
Reply 29
Oky we have same ideas but due to lack of face to face interaction we both have some trouble to explaine to each other perfectly. All the above aspects like amount of zakat etc are provided in Quran. No doubt ahadis are of prime importance.
Original post by Cod3tte
These aren't rights these are privileges.

one of those is compulsory, and the other is haram
would a feminist advocate those things? if not, I don't understand why u would choose to be one
Reply 31
Yes i am saying the same thing if you would like to understand.
Reply 32
I am also thankfull to you for thos guidance and correction.
So you disagree with Allah when he said in the Quran that a girl receives half the inheritance of her brother, that a woman’s testimony is worth half that of a man’s and that men are above women?
Favourite season?
Reply 35
Did anyone else read the title as "Teenage Mutant Girl...."

Spoiler

Reply 36
Original post by Charliepow
how do I react to those few Muslims that use their religion as a way to oppress or look down upon lgtb people? i hope not to offend you btw I'm just curious as Ibe had someone be deeply homophobic to me and when I went to my friends they just replied with well that's his religion.
thanks

Hi,

Don't worry, I'm not offended by your comment because I'm aware that some people do use their religion as an excuse for homophobic behaviour. I completely disagree with those people.

Yes, homosexuality, is not allowed in Islam, but that is no excuse for treating someone badly just because they are homosexual. I believe that God gave us freewill and if somebody chooses to be homosexual, that's their choice. Who is anybody to oppress them about that?

As a Muslim, I fully support LGBTQ rights, I judge people by their personality, not race, gender, religion or sexuality.
Reply 37
Original post by JedEmily
Favourite season?

That's tough.

I mean I like Autumn because I love kicking the leaves at my friends and scaring them like that. :wink:

I like winter because it has a nice cosy feeling to it, plus I was born in winter :tongue:

I like spring because blossom trees always grow in my area and they're nice plus my little brother was born in spring:h:

I like summer because the ice-cream van comes and it's the end of the school year. :smile:

I like them all :colondollar:
Reply 38
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
So you disagree with Allah when he said in the Quran that a girl receives half the inheritance of her brother, that a woman’s testimony is worth half that of a man’s and that men are above women?

Show me the quotes where that is mentioned and I will give you my opinion on them.
Actually cannot believe the number of men who probably aren't muslims who are trying to argue the principles of Islam to a Muslim woman...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending