The Student Room Group

Is this wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
this calls for a **** and forget my guy
be completely transparent, tell her your feelings and stuff and see if you can set boundaries for each other, doesnt matter if u pursue her as a girlfriend or not.
Original post by Anonymous
Have definitely tried that. I always get the answer of yes we can do that, but then she ends with, "But eventually I know you're going to fall for me, and we'll be in a relationship in the long run." Don't get me wrong, she's probably the most pleasant person ever, and she is probably what I would call a perfect girlfriend if she acted like this after maybe a year of dating, but she's just jumped onto the wagon way too quickly, and the weight she brings is too much for me.

Well in that case I'd avoid sleeping with her because she clearly has a long term thing in mind and will only end up being heartbroken.

Not if both parties agree it's purely fwb but from the OPs lastest comment it's clear she is adamant on a long term thing so I'd recommend he just stays clear.
I'm assuming no one has told you this so I'm going to go ahead. You're an absolute ****ing *******. I don't know you but if you're considering this please think about how it would not only hurt her but ruin her life. Is it that difficult for people to have empathy these days? Please think about someone other than yourself.
Not if both parties agree it's purely fwb but from the OPs lastest comment it's clear she is adamant on a long term thing so I'd recommend he just stays clear.

FWB is when both parties don't want to commit to being girlfriend boyfriend. Here, they're not on the same page. Isn't going to work.

OP don't be a d1ckhead. Think with your actual head.
(edited 6 years ago)
Have definitely tried that. I always get the answer of yes we can do that, but then she ends with, "But eventually I know you're going to fall for me, and we'll be in a relationship in the long run." Don't get me wrong, she's probably the most pleasant person ever, and she is probably what I would call a perfect girlfriend if she acted like this after maybe a year of dating, but she's just jumped onto the wagon way too quickly, and the weight she brings is too much for me.
She sounds like a confident and positive person.

You've been honest and open with your feelings towards her.

I say, go for it. Fill your boots and enjoy yourself on a physical level. Just make doubly sure on the contraception front. You wouldn't want to be tricked into becoming a father.

Just continue being open and honest with her.

If she ends up being heartbroken then treat it as you giving her part of her life education. Which from the sounds of things is something that at this stage will benefit her a lot in the long term.

And as for you being a "vile person", ignore the insults of people who may be jealous of your ability to attract this wonderful young woman, or who may have some hang-up about sex outside of marriage. There is nothing vile about you or her. You are both acting like "normal" human beings with a lot of honesty and integrity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending