The Student Room Group

Are EBAC subjects actually worth it??

My dream is to go to oxford or Cambridge to study architecture and I want to choose history and geography at gcse without a language. Is the EBAC really worth it and choose history and Spanish even though I hate it?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Holliewalker03
My dream is to go to oxford or Cambridge to study architecture and I want to choose history and geography at gcse without a language. Is the EBAC really worth it and choose history and Spanish even though I hate it?

The Ebacc is essentially irrelevant as far as you're concerned, it's nothing more than a performance indicator for schools. Having said that, I think having at least one language to GCSE is a valuable thing simply for your own personal benefit, but History and Geography are both perfectly good subjects so if you really do hate Spanish, that's fine.
Original post by Plagioclase
The Ebacc is essentially irrelevant as far as you're concerned, it's nothing more than a performance indicator for schools. Having said that, I think having at least one language to GCSE is a valuable thing simply for your own personal benefit, but History and Geography are both perfectly good subjects so if you really do hate Spanish, that's fine.

Thank you I was told it wouldn’t help me only the school and I think it would be more beneficial as I have very bad grades in Spanish as I can not remember anything! And I am the top of my class in both humanities so I think the higher grades would be better
Original post by Holliewalker03
Thank you I was told it wouldn’t help me only the school and I think it would be more beneficial as I have very bad grades in Spanish as I can not remember anything! And I am the top of my class in both humanities so I think the higher grades would be better

History & Geography sounds good then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending