The Student Room Group

Even being Pro-Trump didn't lose my as many friends as being Pro-Brexit did

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hannah00
rather be in a blue state in america, than poland, hungary or romania ie demographic future of europe.

So basically you're just a xenophobe and don't like East europeans? Which is Ironic because a lot of Americans can trace some of their ancestry back to that area.
Reply 41
Its not a TRUE STORY - the author is LYING

by now you should be aware, websites fake articles and incidents to generate clicks

How do you knowhe's lying?
Original post by Napp
So basically you're just a xenophobe and don't like East europeans?

You talked about civilized Europe, I made my comment in that context. Nothing to do with race.

Are you not following the news about Poland and Hungary ? https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/eu-moves-sanction-poland-breach-rule-law-171220161351456.html

I picked Romania because its basically a mafia state, with very poor rule of law enforcement.

Those countries have a fundamentally different attitude to democracy, rule of law etc.

Original post by Napp

Which is Ironic because a lot of Americans can trace some of their ancestry back to that area.

not that it matters, but saying "alot" is a huge stretch, few percent at most
Original post by Napp
How do you knowhe's lying?

I know enough about online marketing and the spectator's business model, to make such an assertion
Reply 44
I know enough about online marketing and the spectator's business model, to make such an assertion

So basically this is a semi-spurious guess?

You talked about civilized Europe, I made my comment in that context. Nothing to do with race.

I didnt say racist I said xenophobe.

Pray tell how that makes their citizens a bunch of backwards barbarians? Unless you're also going to say the Germans and Italians are also savages?
I picked Romania because its basically a mafia state, with very poor rule of law enforcement.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Albania?

Those countries have a fundamentally different attitude to democracy, rule of law etc.

Indeed, they seem to appreciate it more than the English do who either undermine it, ignore it or take it for granted.

not that it matters, but saying "alot" is a huge stretch, few percent at most

Seeing as 'a lot' isnt a firm figure i say it stands quite nicely. Also as I said they can trace some of their lineage back i'm going to say its a smidge more than a few percent, depending on how far back one wants to go.
Original post by Napp
Pray tell how that makes their citizens a bunch of backwards barbarians? Unless you're also going to say the Germans and Italians are also savages?

Ahh, I see you still continue to argue your delusional opinion by vilifying your opponents credibility and using meaningless questions and dirty tactics.
I gave up arguing with you a long time argue due to this.
Reply 46
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
Ahh, I see you still continue to argue your delusional opinion by vilifying your opponents credibility and using meaningless questions and dirty tactics.
I gave up arguing with you a long time argue due to this.

More likely it's because you're ignorant and ill informed :smile:
I can't believe how toxic people get over Brexit and Trump. I have never even seen people lose control of their political views that they say certain politicians "deserve to die", should be shot etc. In no sensible argument has that ever been reasonable to say. Do you guys who say such language honestly think this is acceptable on a moral basis forget politics. No matter how bad you perceive a political decision to have on the economy, since when has this been appropriate?
If you don't agree with someone's point of view get over it.

And funnily enough, I have only seen the talked about language from Remainers ON THIS FORUM (coincidence???)

For example, on this post FORUM alone I have seen remainers say people are "a disgraceful waste of sperm" and one even had such low ethics to say "to assert a lynching of this thunderc**t wouldn't be totally beyond the pale..." "the kids can go out and play whilst the adults have a drink and string him up by his toes"

HOW DISGRACEFUL. I CAN'T EVEN LISTEN TO YOUR POINT OF VIEW WHEN YOU SAY SUCH THINGS. YOU ALIENATE YOURSELF AND YOUR VIEWS AND ULTIMATELY TURN PEOPLE AWAY. BECAUSE IT IS NOT JUST ON THIS FORUM I SEE THIS> I SEE PEOPLE FROM BOTH SIDES USING SUCH LANGUAGE EVERYWHERE WHEN REGARDING BREXIT AND TRUMP (MORE COMMONLY FROM REMAINERS AND ANTI_TRUMP". I don't care what you view is, if you can't backup your ideas and opinions without inciting hatred then your views have no logical basis and must be ignored.

Oh and before you put some more abuse. I would like to say to the person who said "Being pro-Brexit and pro-Trump are basically the same thing" . I am very anti-trump, I don't believe in his ethics, environmental ideas and international decisions but I am a brexitier.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
Leaving the EU means that Britain's economic and political ties to its biggest trading partner (the EU) will be significantly changed forever. Thousands of jobs are on the line, especially in industries like financial services, our universities could lose funding from the EU, farmers could lose their subsidies. Brexit is the most significant decision Britain has made in our lifetime (under 20s) and it will clearly have huge consequences.

I see no evidence of there being "thousands of jobs on the line". Can you supply any evidence?

The government has already pledged to fill the funding previously provided by the eu (we will have plenty of funds to do so of course).

Both Remainers and Brexiteers agree that this is a monumental decision that will have a huge impact on our future.

Some believe this because (imho) there is a big propaganda drive to make them believe that.

However, where is the evidence?
Reply 49
Original post by Kenneth56
I see no evidence of there being "thousands of jobs on the line". Can you supply any evidence?

Almost all business unions and conferences have come out saying that from Finance, EU institutions moving abroad, farming, manufacturing et al.

The government has already pledged to fill the funding previously provided by the eu (we will have plenty of funds to do so of course).

Oh how nice, the tax payer has to pay to shoot themselves in the foot :rolleyes:
Since when? Britain is for all intents and purposes broke...

Some believe this because (imho) there is a big propaganda drive to make them believe that.

However, where is the evidence?

Are you joking there or do you really believe this asinine statement?
Original post by Napp
Almost all business unions and conferences have come out saying that from Finance, EU institutions moving abroad, farming, manufacturing et al.

That's opinion, not evidence.

Oh how nice, the tax payer has to pay to shoot themselves in the foot :rolleyes:
Since when? Britain is for all intents and purposes broke...

The good news is that the taxpayer will not be paying eu subs. Even if we plugged every hole left by eu funding, our Treasury will still be better off.

Are you joking there or do you really believe this asinine statement?

No joke. The BBC has run a campaign of how "complicated" Brexit will be and has highlighted many news stories emphasising the downside of Brexit.

The propaganda is all based on opinion with no evidence whatsoever.
Reply 51
That's opinion, not evidence.

The good news is that the taxpayer will not be paying eu subs. Even if we plugged every hole left by eu funding, our Treasury will still be better off.

No joke. The BBC has run a campaign of how "complicated" Brexit will be and has highlighted many news stories emphasising the downside of Brexit.

The propaganda is all based on opinion with no evidence whatsoever.

No thats a fact, the EU and several banks have begun moving their offices out of the UK. It is also a fact that farmers are going to get a bloody good kicking from this, these arent matters of opinion theyre cast iron facts.

Aside from, you know the slowing economy, rising debt, tariffs etc. :rolleyes:

If you think Brexit is going to be 'easy' I think ill stop this debate right now, no one of sound mind could think that.

You know that goes for the leavers right? Literally every claim theyve made has been based on wishful thinking.
No thats a fact, the EU and several banks have begun moving their offices out of the UK.
Plenty have said that they are planning to move out but I can't find any evidence that any have actually done so.

Can you please provide your source?

It is also a fact that farmers are going to get a bloody good kicking from this, these arent matters of opinion theyre cast iron facts.

Source please?

Aside from, you know the slowing economy, rising debt, tariffs etc. :rolleyes:

Source?
Reply 53
Source?

I'm on a phone so that's a tad tricky right now. I'm sure a quick google will show you that the eu agencies and several banks are beginning to move their staff out though.

See above
Original post by Napp
I'm on a phone so that's a tad tricky right now. I'm sure a quick google will show you that the eu agencies and several banks are beginning to move their staff out though.

See above

I tried that and drew a blank.

Plenty of media reports about plans to move offices but no actual moves that I can find.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending