The Student Room Group

Has anyone transferred to warwick 2nd year for Computer science. ..?

Has anyone transferred to Warwick in 2nd year for CS?
Thanks
I tried, your first year syllabus needs to be almost identical to theirs.
Original post by Bobjim12
I tried, your first year syllabus needs to be almost identical to theirs.

Did you get in? Or which unis would you recommend? I've also messaged the admissions to check.
Original post by Bluebell1234
Did you get in? Or which unis would you recommend? I've also messaged the admissions to check.

I didn't.

Which uni do you go to currently?
Reply 4
Has anyone transferred to Warwick in 2nd year for CS?
Thanks
As one of your other posts states you are at uni doing 1st year Human Biology it might be best to explain how you intend to get to Warwick to do CS.
Original post by nutz99
As one of your other posts states you are at uni doing 1st year Human Biology it might be best to explain how you intend to get to Warwick to do CS.

It's complicated. I'm thinking of doing CS and drop out instead. But I don't have the grades for wareick AAA but instead have AAB but I really like warwick and eas wondering if I do the firstyear and then transfer to warwick.
Reply 6
It's complicated. I'm thinking of doing CS and drop out instead. But I don't have the grades for wareick AAA but instead have AAB but I really like warwick and eas wondering if I do the firstyear and then transfer to warwick.
Have you already applied to do CS anywhere next September. If not, then why not take a gap year, see if you can get a part-time job in IT for the year whilst retaking your A level to get that B up to an A. Check first that Warwick will accept A levels taken several years apart as some don't.

If you prefer to go to another uni to do the first year then apply to Warwick for the second year then I would first get in touch with Warwick to check if they would consider this and what you would have to achieve in your first year to be considered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending