The Student Room Group

Teacher ripped up my work

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MxAdnani
pretty sure this would be against any sort of conduct expected of a teacher. I would recommend reporting it to a higher up as if it had happened in my school the teacher would be instantly reported and action would be taken against them :/

yh i agree go tell some head of year or sommit
Original post by FerretPun
She should be giving you feedback on how to improve it, not ripping up your work and humiliating you. She's a teacher, and that was a very immature thing for her to do. You need that work to be marked and treat professionaly so you can improve; if it's in little shreds in the bin how are you supposed to advance in the subject? Definitely report her, especially since it happened twice.

I totally agree.
I'd ****ing kick off if someone did that to me haha, either that or in a way I might also find it quite powerful if my work really was ****, it would depend how much time I spent on it, anyway don't you have it on a file anyway lols. I like when people are blunt and harsh because it shows you can trust them to be honest and that they're real people but everyone's different and some people might take it differently
Absolutely disgusting. No teacher has the authority to do so and even if they think that they do, They're in the wrong profession as a teachers role is to essentially teach and not to humiliate. Follow this up with your personal tutor as well as addressing this with the head of sixth form. As for picking up the pieces, if they're not careful then their career will also end up being in pieces!
Original post by shabeer788
Today my teacher ripped up my work and then threw it at me and told me to pick it up in front of the whole class.(By the way I'm in year 12 Sixth Form) This wasnt the first time she had ripped it up in front of the class it was the second.
I was wondering if this is allowed and if not what can i do about the teacher?

Well, you could be grateful that she didn't hit you over the head with it then make you eat it (especially if it was a wood/metal work class). She sounds like the kind woman who should not be teaching, but I would ask her, in front of the class, if she can offer any more intelligent, constructive criticism, than that (ie, ripping up and throwing across the room, like a silly little girl). If you are the only student she does this to, she is a bully and deserves a good smack in the mouth, but do warn her first, tell her if you act like a bully again, I am going to treat you like a bully! Then, if she does it again, smack her face... No, on second thoughts, just smack her face anyway! She sounds like she deserves it!
Original post by rosegg_015
yh i agree go tell some head of year or sommit

Wackford Squeers, Headmaster of DOTHEGIRLS&BOYS HALL would welcome a twisted sadistic cow like her, tell her to get back to the 19th century, and/or join the Tory Party
Reply 46
i'd knock dat kent owt rite. lolol
Today my teacher ripped up my work and then threw it at me and told me to pick it up in front of the whole class.(By the way I'm in year 12 Sixth Form) This wasnt the first time she had ripped it up in front of the class it was the second.

Report her to the governors god dam if your work is not good she should explain why not jut rip it up and throw it at you.
Reply 48
Original post by YouMadBro!
rekt.

haha yer kent
Definitely unacceptable. I used to have a teacher who did this in primary school (not in UK though), and this was in the early 2000s. I guess back then it was not as frowned upon, but now (and in the UK) I'm guessing this behaviour is a no-no. I've had my work flung across the classroom before. I didn't get any scarring or trauma from it, although in retrospect it really was pretty pointless.
Original post by Pigster
I would go with the quiet word approach.

Get the teacher one-on-one, away from class time and tell her that you feel their outburst wasn't appropriate and that you had completed the work and maybe it wasn't great, but you'd hope for her to help you improve rather than to be belittled in front of the rest of the class.

"outburst" wasn't appropriate? OUTBURSTS, this pig of a teacher makes a habit of it! She (the teacher) has a problem, needs councelling or probably psychtherapy and should suspended from any role of any authority untill she seeks professional assessment then therapy
Original post by Jack_m8
i'd knock dat kent owt rite. lolol

never seen c*** spelt like that haha
Original post by singzeon
Definitely unacceptable. I used to have a teacher who did this in primary school (not in UK though), and this was in the early 2000s. I guess back then it was not as frowned upon, but now (and in the UK) I'm guessing this behaviour is a no-no. I've had my work flung across the classroom before. I didn't get any scarring or trauma from it, although in retrospect it really was pretty pointless.

I went to an all boys school (one of the biggest regrets of my life, its just not natural). It was a selective (11-plus) school and we had to learn practical **** like metalwork and woodwork alongside the sciences and arts and sciences. one of the woodwork teachers used to throw or punt our efforts all over the space, as if he was thinking, "this is not good enough for me, i could and can do better." Everybody hated him and we were planing to give hime a good send off when we left, but four boys from the year above me, waited for him at the bottom of the drive that Summer, where there was a dual carriageway with a wide verdent central reservation, they picked him out of other teachers around, they knocked him down and the four of them booted him from this side of the road, then back again. No serious damage, they just kicked him all over and he would not have been able to move for a month without aching in his back, his legs his bum etc. It sounds savage, but this git (i won't honour him with the title TEACHER) deserved it

You should make a formal complaint - that's terrible behaviour! They shouldn't get away with it.
Original post by Jorgeivs1
this pig of a teacher

Errrm, were you there? Do you know this teacher?

considering this is the second time she has done it i would suggest that you do report her, maybe to you head of year or house leader. What kind of teacher would even do that? It's such an immature and horrible thing to do. Report her immediately
Original post by Jorgeivs1
Well, you could be grateful that she didn't hit you over the head with it then make you eat it (especially if it was a wood/metal work class). She sounds like the kind woman who should not be teaching, but I would ask her, in front of the class, if she can offer any more intelligent, constructive criticism, than that (ie, ripping up and throwing across the room, like a silly little girl). If you are the only student she does this to, she is a bully and deserves a good smack in the mouth, but do warn her first, tell her if you act like a bully again, I am going to treat you like a bully! Then, if she does it again, smack her face... No, on second thoughts, just smack her face anyway! She sounds like she deserves it!

I agree its bad. Really bad!! But woah bit harsh?
Who should i report her to?
Head of sixth form or the Head of the whole school.

Either. Try head of sixth form first and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn’t, then try the other. Something will be done.
If they are likely to do it again try to record them just in case they don’t believe you (because the teacher is respected or something)

I had that done to me once by some overweight teacher who was barely capable of teaching primary kids, let alone secondary. I'll never forget how humiliating it was. If I had my way now, I'd be ordering her to pick up the exam paper she'd littered the floor with (despite the fact her overworked knees would have given up the ghost ordered with such a task).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending