The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eibar put 5 past them ffs.

Where's the fans laughing at Poch for bottling it vs one of the best teams in Europe? We got ****ed by Sevilla at home ffs.
Original post by Rk2k14
Arsenal fans need to stay in their lane.

Jose and Sanchez can both **** off.

De Gea and Pogba need to get out. Latter looks a shell of his former self. Once again proving Jose strangles creative players.

De Gea's face when he saved that 1v1 actually hurt. Guy doesn't deserve this.

E67997E0-2183-47C3-9BB4-2796B69BA1B3.jpg.jpeg

Seriously, imagine where you’d be without DDG.

Mourinho’s tactics seem great when they work (i.e: Liverpool game), but when they go wrong it’s just embarrassing...
Original post by Lúcio
E67997E0-2183-47C3-9BB4-2796B69BA1B3.jpg.jpeg

Seriously, imagine where you’d be without DDG.

Mourinho’s tactics seem great when they work (i.e: Liverpool game), but when they go wrong it’s just embarrassing...

This guy would be a multiple CL winner and have a La Liga title.

Instead he's carrying multiple managers whilst everyone else around him lets him down constantly.
Original post by Malevolent
Gonna have to put in Dave for that. You'd be lucky to get Kovacic let alone Kroos.

Idk maybe Zidanne will want Pogdashian? We are a shambles at the moment although I'm not Mou out yet, think he should have next season as his final season before we pass final judgement right now it's early IMO because we have somewhat progressed.

I am starting to see why Fergie let Pogba go though..
Original post by mojojojo101
Except we didn't go into this defensively, we went to it passively, there is a difference. It' not like at he weekend when we sat deep and defended the 18 yard line and looked for counters. We looked like we didn't have any plan at all and that's not the first time this has happened and mostly it has accompanied poor results / spells against teams we should be beating. I disagree we set set up for a 1-0 win entirely.

Mourinho said this game was more important the Liverpool game. We looked like we had a plan for that game, this game we didn't, that doesn't make sense.

If who scores first is so important why did he wait and wait for Sevilla do so tonight? He must have known we had to win clearly tonight, he's not an idiot. If the first goal is so important why did he spend the first 2.5 hours of this game seemingly quite happy to not score?
I don't think fundamentally there was much difference between our attacking plan this game and Liverpool other than a Rashford quick fire double. Long and direct in attack, 6-3-1 passive numbers game in defence.

Why does he wait in most big games? His game plan is based on United keeping a clean sheet, like the first Spurs game he doesn't care whether the goal comes in the first or the final minute. Its risky and poor plan, but I don't think it can be called arrogance specifically against Sevilla when we are happy to ceed possession and influence in most games of this magnitude. As I said Sevilla are not a good team, certainly not defensively, so I don't see how being so cautious is arrogance. We showed Sevilla far too much respect, rather than not enough.
Original post by trapking
Idk maybe Zidanne will want Pogdashian? We are a shambles at the moment although I'm not Mou out yet, think he should have next season as his final season before we pass final judgement right now it's early IMO because we have somewhat progressed.

I am starting to see why Fergie let Pogba go though..

Hmmm dunno about that. Not with how Pogba is playing, he's either playing injured or deliberately not trying hard but he's been woeful.

Can see it getting very sour next season with Mourinho and your fans.
Trash.

@trapking was upset at a win because Rashford scored and now he's celebrating a loss because Sanchez/Pogba were ****. Elite poster.
PSG are after a manager. He'll walk the league easy there and can add to his CV.

Jardim/Poch/Sarri hopefully.
Original post by Louis.
Trash.

@trapking was upset at a win because Rashford scored and now he's celebrating a loss because Sanchez/Pogba were ****. Elite poster.

celebrating a loss?

Huh..
Original post by Rk2k14
This guy would be a multiple CL winner and have a La Liga title.

Instead he's carrying multiple managers whilst everyone else around him lets him down constantly.

Without him you wouldn’t even be in the top 4 - his impact is just that great.

His loyalty is impressive but at some point he really need to take a look at things.
He’s currently the best goalkeeper in world football and he’s stuck in an uninspired United side that are way off the pace at the top level.

He has been an absolute joy to watch but - his aside - he deserves to be at an elite club where his talents can be suitably rewarded.
How does a world class player with immense ability and creativity turn to utter ****?

Jose Mourinho.

Dont even deny there's something between them.
Ronaldo, Hazard and Pogba all suffered because of him.
Hmmm dunno about that. Not with how Pogba is playing, he's either playing injured or deliberately not trying hard but he's been woeful.

Tbh i don't really know with Pogba he's a grey area but I expect much much more from a £90mill midfielder like I would say his best games this season were Everton away and Arsenal away but apart from those 2 games I haven't really been "impressed" by what he's meant to be doing and he's been so poor defensively.

He has been very lack luster in most of the big games maybe it's a "bedding in period" for him idk but if he's still like this next season as well then we may as well cut our losses, sell him and get someone who controls games because atm he's not good enough. I look at what we had in Scholes, Carrick etc during Fergie era and that midfield fought for every ball and was hugely dynamic going forward and controlling the game.
Shock of the round?
Original post by Rk2k14
PSG are after a manager. He'll walk the league easy there and can add to his CV.

Jardim/Poch/Sarri hopefully.

Conte's representatives were seen with PSG apparently. Most likely Conte is taking that one.
Mou: "I've sat in this chair twice before, with Porto - Man Utd out, with Real Madrid - Man Utd out, so this is nothing new for this football club."

Yep. Everyone on my journey home was having a pop at him. Even RedCafe, a well known haven for "top reds" is full of Mourinho Out posts.
Original post by Zerforax
Shock of the round?
If you learned anything this game you haven't been watching properly this season. Entirely predictable. Team who can't defend attempt to defend for 180mins.

Original post by trapking
get someone who controls games
You'd better off getting a manager who aims to control the game than just buying players and hoping they do the opposite of what the manager wants. You've got a manager who aims to ensure nothing happens in big games and has no interest in controlling the game, yet for some reason then move to, its probably one specific players fault that we are playing like this.

You can sign whoever you want and we will still play like this because that is the plan.
Original post by Fizzel
You'd better off getting a manager who aims to control the game than just buying players and hoping they do the opposite of what the manager wants. You've got a manager who aims to ensure nothing happens in big games and has no interest in controlling the game, yet for some reason then move to, its probably one specific players fault that we are playing like this.

You can sign whoever you want and we will still play like this because that is the plan.

I didn't say we lost the game because of Pogba though neither did I blame the loss on any specific player. I just pointed out that Sanchez and Pogba have been quite bad for us.

Sounds like you're Mourinho out also now? Lol fans turning real quick :lol:
Yeah no point of buying a Kroos/controller when our whole game plan is to let the other team have the ball. Even the smaller teams.

Giving the guy an extension was stupid and now the board is gonna throw even more money at players despite the manager being the reason we wont move forward.
Original post by Rk2k14

Giving the guy an extension was stupid and now the board is gonna throw even more money at players despite the manager being the reason we wont move forward.

Now this is an overreaction.

Come on now, we have clearly improved.

Latest