The Student Room Group

Life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannah00
give up, its time for plan B.

People with actual GCSEs and life experience are telling you, to look at alternatives

The only person here who should give up ON LIFE is you hun. B*tch.
Original post by Anagogic
You have to accept that you're currently not in the best of situations but that doesn't mean your situation won't change.

I think it's paramount that to begin with you retake your maths and english as that's a basic necessity of getting on the career ladder.

You also need to put personal pride aside, you need assistance... I'm sure your siblings will sympathise and at the least I'm sure they'd aid you with revising and organsining yourself so that you'll pass.

Apparently no one can read. I'm already doing something by doing level 1 functional skills English and maths. Equivalent to GCSE, atleast it's something.
Original post by Hirsty97
You don't have to give up. You have to be pragmatic and prepare for a lot of work. In the future you could be working in a career you want including animal care but for now you have to focus on getting the minimum qualifications.

That Hannah is, maybe not you but I am focusing on qualifications for now. But maybe I am not going to stand back and get told to give up by someone who is full of negativity and lonely.
Original post by Anonymous
Apparently no one can read. I'm already doing something by doing level 1 functional skills English and maths. Equivalent to GCSE, atleast it's something.

Fair enough, I thought level 2 was equivalent to GCSE...

They both are but level 2 is higher.

I'm just sick of being told to give up on something I've always wanted, I came here as normally I get positive advice from people with hearts but Hannah commented and made me feel crap and like I'll never get somewhere..
Reply 25

You are right. Level 1 is equivalent to grade E-D GCSE, which is still less than ideal.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
You are right. Level 1 is equivalent to grade E-D GCSE, which is still less than ideal.

So f**king what it's a qualification negative Nancy.

I'm just sick of being told to give up on something I've always wanted, I came here as normally I get positive advice from people with hearts but Hannah commented and made me feel crap and like I'll never get somewhere..

It's up to you what you do with your life, even if you're dealt a bad hand you can still succeed. At least you're working towards something no one can knock that but even so you need to put personal pride aside and at least ask your siblings for support. As they'll be able to aid you so that you can get the dream job you want.

Maybe those people are being too nice and dont want to give you the brutal truth ?

I think you should ask your siblings for a small loan to study GCSEs again or find a job at McDonalds to fund your GCSE retakes.

You can still have a good life and career in healthcare or IT or something outside of animal care, frankly most people dont like animals anyway
It's up to you what you do with your life, even if you're dealt a bad hand you can still succeed. At least you're working towards something no one can knock that but even so you need to put personal pride aside and at least ask your siblings for support. As they'll be able to aid you so that you can get the dream job you want.

Yeah but now I'm starting to feel like I never will get somewhere thanks to the people on here.
you’re going off at everyone literally everyone. No where in my post did i say give up:/
Reply 31
So f**king what it's a qualification negative Nancy.

Cool your tits. It is a fact that the Level 1 is equivalent to a bad GCSE, but yes, it is a GCSE nonetheless. If I were you, I'd want to improve on that and sharpish, but obviously you can and will do as you please.

It's no skin off my nose, I'm doing just fine.
Yeah but now I'm starting to feel like I never will get somewhere thanks to the people on here.

They aren't living your life, you are. It's irrelevant what they think but sometimes it's important to be realistic where you currently stand and take the appropriate steps in order of attaining your goals/desired lifestyle.
Original post by gjd800
Cool your tits. It is a fact that the Level 1 is equivalent to a bad GCSE, but yes, it is a GCSE nonetheless. If I were you, I'd want to improve on that and sharpish, but obviously you can and will do as you please.

It's no skin off my nose, I'm doing just fine.

It's better than nothing.

Obviously I can and will do as I please what?
Reply 34
They aren't living your life, you are. It's irrelevant what they think but sometimes it's important to be realistic where you currently stand and take the appropriate steps in order of attaining your goals/desired lifestyle.

Nailed it.

OP is not in the best of positions, that is a fact. But there are steps to take to mitigate that, and OP is trying to take said steps. Also a fact.

Good luck with it all, in any case.
Original post by StrawberryMesila
you’re going off at everyone literally everyone. No where in my post did i say give up:/

You mean Hannah, not everyone, if course I will get annoyed, I'm being told to give up on my dream.
F**k you. You are definitely a troll, not worth even acknowledging, thank you for proving to me you are chatting a load of sh*t. I hope you choke on a McDonald's. Most people don't like animals? Haha f**k those scumbags. Oh and f**k you because you seem to have little knowledge as animal lovers are all over the UK, absolute thousands of them, in fact more than thousands all over the world. Animal jobs are competitive but luckily thanks to having experience I have a good chance and just need the qualifications, I mean I already am a dog walker, haha would it not be great if I ended up having my own big business out of that considering people do have their own dog businesses? Oh and what makes you think I care about people not liking animals? Like the small amount of people not liking animals? You dumbass.

Dont really think walking dogs counts as experience, my 10 year cousin can walk dogs. Even make them do tricks.

What employers look for are GCSEs and skills in english and maths.

Given your geographic positions, seems like a career in animal care is unviable, on the bright side at least you wont have to deal with the bad smell of all those animals
Mabye volunteer at a small animal charity? You could hypothetically work your way up and perhaps get paid.
You might be able to get qualifications from online distance courses. You can resit GCSE's, and then go to an exam centre -- its expensive but you can do fast track courses that mean that you can pass then in 1 year.
Get work experience. Take random jobs, learn new hobbies, sign up to free courses. Some Uni's do have courses that require no qualifications ( they let 12 years olds enroll), but these are usually foreign language courses. This might better your CV

Good Luck
Original post by gjd800
Nailed it.

OP is not in the best of positions, that is a fact. But there are steps to take to mitigate that, and OP is trying to take said steps. Also a fact.

Good luck with it all, in any case.

I love it when people say "nailed it" and I have no idea why. Makes me smile a little bit haha.

I know I'm not in the best position, but I came here for advice which is why, but I didn't come here to be told to give up on my dream.

That's what I'm trying to do? But Hannah has decided to take the troll life and be a b*tch. I know I'm in the worst position right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending