The Student Room Group

Postgraduate funding 2018

Hi I’ve just received a unconditional at Birmingham city university however I’m a little worried about if student finance is going to cover both my tuition fee and accomodation..

The course is £6900 and most accommodation prices are around £4000-5000 a year which means I would have to partly fund this myself.

Is £10,000 the maximum you get for finance? And how does it get paid does it get paid in 3 instalments? (Tuition fee to the university and the remainder to me) do you get a maintenance fee and grant? Or do you have to pay for these seperatley?

Could you give me a better explanation as I’m very confused.

Thanks, amber.
Original post by AMBERROSEX
Hi I’ve just received a unconditional at Birmingham city university however I’m a little worried about if student finance is going to cover both my tuition fee and accomodation..

The course is £6900 and most accommodation prices are around £4000-5000 a year which means I would have to partly fund this myself.

Is £10,000 the maximum you get for finance? And how does it get paid does it get paid in 3 instalments? (Tuition fee to the university and the remainder to me) do you get a maintenance fee and grant? Or do you have to pay for these seperatley?

Could you give me a better explanation as I’m very confused.

Thanks, amber.

Hi AMBERROSE,
If you are applying for a Postgraduate Loan (PGL) it is a one time only product of up to £10,000. Student Finance would pay this directly to you in 3 installments per academic year to cover living costs and tuition fees and you would then arrange with your university how you would pay the fees directly to them.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Hi, is it only up to £10,000? On the website it says £10,690?

Thanks,

Amber.
Original post by AMBERROSEX
Hi, is it only up to £10,000? On the website it says £10,690?

Thanks,

Amber.

Hi Amber,

It is to increase to £10,690 in the academic year 2018/19.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 4
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Amber,

Thanks

Right I get it now so that applies to us starting postgraduate study at university in September? Sorry for all the questions! I believe postgrad applications are to open in the summer too? Thanks
[QUOTE="AMBERROSEX;76590408"]
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Amber,

Thanks

Right I get it now so that applies to us starting postgraduate study at university in September? Sorry for all the questions! I believe postgrad applications are to open in the summer too? Thanks

Hi Amber,
Postgraduate Loans (PGL) for 18/19 will open around June.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending