The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Mmu fashion students 2018

Hey,

I thought I'd create a post for students who are planning to study any of the fashion courses at Manchester Met's School of Art; as there doesn't seem to be a group discussion anywhere. Hopefully this will get some peoples' attention.

My name is Josie and I will be studying Fashion in September 2018. :smile:

If ppl do manage to find this and want to create a fb grup or smth that'd be cool
Original post by Musiclover1234
Hey,

I thought I'd create a post for students who are planning to study any of the fashion courses at Manchester Met's School of Art; as there doesn't seem to be a group discussion anywhere. Hopefully this will get some peoples' attention.

If ppl do manage to find this and want to create a fb grup or smth that'd be cool

hey! i've firmed fashion art direction, so incredibly pleased that i got an offer :-) the fashion, fad and graphic design students all collaborate quite a bit i think so it'll be great finding people who we might be working with in the future haha
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Hey,

Congratulations on your offer Josie! :clap2: We look forward to seeing you in September.

Just to let you know, we do set up Facebook groups for offer holders so that they can meet other students who will be starting on their course in September. However, we don't usually set these up until around Summer so they aren't available at the moment.

If you keep an eye on your emails around Summer you should receive an email to notify you that the group has been set up.

Obviously, feel free to set up your own as well!

Rebecca
Original post by polarising
hey! i've firmed fashion art direction, so incredibly pleased that i got an offer :-) the fashion, fad and graphic design students all collaborate quite a bit i think so it'll be great finding people who we might be working with in the future haha

Congratulations on the offer for Fashion Art Direction! :yeah: I know you were waiting to hear back from the interview, so that's great news!! :smile:

Have you managed to register your interest in accommodation?

Rebecca

Hey!! If you wanted we can always dm if yu want. What made you want to do FAD?
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Congratulations on the offer for Fashion Art Direction! :yeah: I know you were waiting to hear back from the interview, so that's great news!! :smile:

Have you managed to register your interest in accommodation?

Rebecca

thank you!! haha funny to know i'm remembered for being so desperate to get that offer lmao :')

i have registered and received what i think is a 'registration confirmed' email, only i'm a bit worried that because i specified a disability i'll have to provide proof before i can apply, when i only ticked it because i thought it was based off my whole application. i don't actually need accessable accommodation so i'm going to phone up tomorrow and specify in case it hinders my application :smile: other than that, just waiting for an email back as to when i can select specific accommodation!
Hey!! If you wanted we can always dm if yu want. What made you want to do FAD?

sure! i'm mostly terrible with replying but i'll try and check this more often <3 my instagram is @pxlarising if you want to message me there though because i check that more often!

i've always been interested in photography and had an interest in fashion (more alternative stuff - i'm kinda 'out there' with my own style) but never had the chance to study it as i'm awful at sewing haha. i started dabbling in fashion photography at college and also fell in love with making zines and working on magazine layouts and stuff, so now i'd really love to work on stuff for fashion print!

what made you want to study fashion? what's your kinda designer style? <3
I've got a place on the Fashion Design Tec course and super excited! inspired by designers such as Vivienne Westwood, love Moschino, Mcqueen, I'd love to get to know some people before the course starts where you thinking of staying? Message me!xx
thank you!! haha funny to know i'm remembered for being so desperate to get that offer lmao :':wink:

i have registered and received what i think is a 'registration confirmed' email, only i'm a bit worried that because i specified a disability i'll have to provide proof before i can apply, when i only ticked it because i thought it was based off my whole application. i don't actually need accessable accommodation so i'm going to phone up tomorrow and specify in case it hinders my application :smile: other than that, just waiting for an email back as to when i can select specific accommodation!

Not desperate at all! I've been in your shoes, and the waiting can be so frustrating. :s:

Yeah, I would definitely recommend ringing the accommodation team if you don't need an accessible room. They will be able to change this for you. Hopefully you get in the Birley Flats you wanted :crossedf:

Rebecca
Original post by jemmapersson
I've got a place on the Fashion Design Tec course and super excited! inspired by designers such as Vivienne Westwood, love Moschino, Mcqueen, I'd love to get to know some people before the course starts where you thinking of staying? Message me!xx

Congrats on your offer!!:banana:
Reply 10
hello everyone my name is kian, i’ll be studying Fashion Art Direction later this year and have my interview on the 17th of April, i’m wondering what i should expect from it? Also, who is your favourite fashion designer? See you all in october :smile:
Original post by Kian r
hello everyone my name is kian, i’ll be studying Fashion Art Direction later this year and have my interview on the 17th of April, i’m wondering what i should expect from it? Also, who is your favourite fashion designer? See you all in october :smile:

at ours, the interviewer looked at out whole portfolios on her own whilst we had a tour, then we went in in small groups and answered some general questions about our own style, who inspires us, etc, and then showed one piece from our portfolios and explained it :smile: it was really friendly and informal, not nerve-wracking really! are you going to make it your first choice if you get an offer?

my favourite designer is probably gareth pugh, or mcqueen, but i don’t wanna be basic :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending