The Student Room Group

Missed my grade requirements by one grade

I've applied for fashion communication at MMU and needed DMM (distinction merit merit), I received my grades a couple days ago and got MMM.

I missed a whole month of my final project due to a normal 2 week term break and then a 2 week college trip to Spain that I was selected for. I was promised time on the trip to work on my project but this wasn't the case at all.

When I got back I only had around 2 weeks to catch up on a month load of work - bear in mind its a fashion based project so I had to print t-shirts, photograph a whole magazine, composite it etc etc. which normally takes time

Anyway I've emailed MMU but they've said they can't promise me anything and I'll have to wait until results day to see if I get a place.

I don't want to go through clearing as I don't really want to end up at a random university on a random course.

Thoughts?
Wait till results day, not much else you can do.
Yup, it's a wait and see game unfortunately.

Anecdotally, a DMM course might not be the most competitive and in that sense, they might accept some near-miss candidates in a normal year of AL results. IE. You are not in a hopeless situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending