The Student Room Group

A Level MFL Oral Exams - How are you revising?

To say I don't have a clue what I'm doing would be an understatement. Pls send help
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by sundae
To say I don't have a clue what I'm doing would be an understatement. Pls send help

I have my Spanish oral exam a week tomorrow and my French one a few weeks after that.

I also am panicking big time!!

So far I have tried to memorise my IRP presentation (although it really does not sound great at the moment!) and the main facts from my project.

I have also tried to memorise one fact and one news story for each topic that could come up on a card. One thing that you should do is check with your teacher whether or not your project may be too similar to a card topic, so you can rule out having to remember much for that topic.

Other than that, I'm gonna try to just look at vocabulary and practise saying certain phrases I think. It's such a hateful exam! But good luck!! :smile:
Read through your book to increase your vocabulary and make sure you can use A-Level standard sentences, e.g. use subjunctive, passive sentences.... IRP should include everything you can have as well as some good expressions
Reply 4
Original post by KatieBesty
I have my Spanish oral exam a week tomorrow and my French one a few weeks after that.

I also am panicking big time!!

So far I have tried to memorise my IRP presentation (although it really does not sound great at the moment!) and the main facts from my project.

I have also tried to memorise one fact and one news story for each topic that could come up on a card. One thing that you should do is check with your teacher whether or not your project may be too similar to a card topic, so you can rule out having to remember much for that topic.

Other than that, I'm gonna try to just look at vocabulary and practise saying certain phrases I think. It's such a hateful exam! But good luck!! :smile:

Hi!

Thank you for the advice! I'm think I'm going a bit overboard atm as I'm trying to learn a lot for each topic so i think I'll do what you said and do one for each :smile: Which exam board are you with?

And I know I've honestly been dreading this exam since I heard we had to do an IRP :redface:

Thanks again and good luck to you too!
Reply 5
Original post by Hammad(214508)
Read through your book to increase your vocabulary and make sure you can use A-Level standard sentences, e.g. use subjunctive, passive sentences.... IRP should include everything you can have as well as some good expressions

Thank you :smile:
Original post by sundae
Hi!

Thank you for the advice! I'm think I'm going a bit overboard atm as I'm trying to learn a lot for each topic so i think I'll do what you said and do one for each :smile: Which exam board are you with?

And I know I've honestly been dreading this exam since I heard we had to do an IRP :redface:

Thanks again and good luck to you too!

That's what I did at first, but with 12 topics and an IRP it's impossible to learn so much! I'm with AQA, what are you with? And me too, it's definitely the most daunting part of the whole A-level!

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest