The Student Room Group

Fitness blog

Hi everyone..

I’m 5’7 and weigh 73kg. I feel so uncomfortable in my body and would love to lose about 40 pounds by 2019.

Started this weight loss journey on 31st February 2019
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with it :smile:

I know it's effort but dieting is only part of it, you should try to exercise as well, maybe just do some light jogging or cycling at the gym for 30 minutes each day? Never know you might develop a liking for it and then you can experiment with some weightlifting to tone your body up or whatever.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Good luck with it :smile:

I know it's effort but dieting is only part of it, you should try to exercise as well, maybe just do some light jogging or cycling at the gym for 30 minutes each day? Never know you might develop a liking for it and then you can experiment with some weightlifting to tone your body up or whatever.

I already exercise every day but hardly use my gym card. I’ll start toning up my body once i’m skinny.
Hi OP,

You got this! It's not about being too skinny or anything (don't starve yourself) you just need to make sure your body is getting the right food groups, nutrients and vitamins that it needs. Work on it day by day, do it for youself and no-one else x
What type of intermittent fasting?
Original post by denteddental
What type of intermittent fasting?

16/8
Original post by SipThatTea
16/8

Which meals are you thinking of eliminating? Breakfast or dinner?
I did intermittent fasting for a couple of months. I found it makes dieting so much easier.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Hi OP,

You got this! It's not about being too skinny or anything (don't starve yourself) you just need to make sure your body is getting the right food groups, nutrients and vitamins that it needs. Work on it day by day, do it for youself and no-one else x

I want to be slim not skinny, my bad. Im not completely cutting out junk food. Im going to eat a balanced diet but a calorie deficit. Thank girl, hella appreciate it x
Which meals are you thinking of eliminating? Breakfast or dinner?

Breakfast and lunch
Original post by johnny.snow
I did intermittent fasting for a couple of months. I found it makes dieting so much easier.

Care to explain, how? I really hope it works for me too🙂
Breakfast and lunch

I've said this SO many times on this forum but have you tried the ketogenic diet?
Intermittent fasting+keto works absolute wonders for fat loss! (it has load of other benefits too)
I've said this SO many times on this forum but have you tried the ketogenic diet?
Intermittent fasting+keto works absolute wonders for fat loss! (it has load of other benefits too)

I don’t like diets where i have to eat only healthy things and cut out carbs

I hate diets where i have to eat only healthy things and cut out carbs and i wont be able to stick to it
Care to explain, how? I really hope it works for me too🙂

If you're not fasting, ideally you'd want to eat something like 6 meals a day (as opposed to 3) to increase your body's metabolism which I just didn't have the time to do.

Whereas if you're fasting, the fewer and hence larger your meals the better.
If you're not fasting, ideally you'd want to eat something like 6 meals a day (as opposed to 3) to increase your body's metabolism which I just didn't have the time to do.

Whereas if you're fasting, the fewer and hence larger your meals the better.

You’re allowed to eat anything right
I hate diets where i have to eat only healthy things and cut out carbs and i wont be able to stick to it

Define healthy for me.

With intermittent fasting, are you looking to restrict your calories too? Do you know your maintenance calories?
You’re allowed to eat anything right

Well all intermittent fasting means is changing your eating schedule. But if you want to lose weight quickly you should be eating better - maybe nothing drastic but cutting out any junk food would help a ton. Leave those for cheat meals like once or twice a week.
Define healthy for me.

With intermittent fasting, are you looking to restrict your calories too? Do you know your maintenance calories?

Brown bread, vegetables, tea with no sugar, no sugar and all that. Because i like sugar

900 cals
Well all intermittent fasting means is changing your eating schedule. But if you want to lose weight quickly you should be eating better - maybe nothing drastic but cutting out any junk food would help a ton. Leave those for cheat meals like once or twice a week.

Ah im in no rush. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest