The Student Room Group

Why in God's name would you call a guy you like cute?

I'm relatively in touch with my "feminine" side as a guy, I don't mind crying in front of a girl, I don't mind talking about my feelings, etc, etc. More and more guys are like that nowadays.

But I don't understand why girls de-sexualise us they by calling us cute. It's a word used for small, pretty things you want to protect. Like babies. Or kittens.

When you call a man you like that, he's feeling emasculated AF. Why not call him HOT? or even handsome? attractive? sexy (the best). What's with using this term to describe grown up men you wanna ****. Like, I get it if you use it to describe a friend or something. But guys you're romantically involved with?
if you feel emasculated you're just insecure lol - not really a man are you.
Lol, if you have a cute face then we're gonna call you cute. Get over it.
Reply 3
Huh

Some are cute, some are handsome, some gorgeous
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
if you feel emasculated you're just insecure lol - not really a man are you.

Perhaps but I don't understand why out of all these terms available, they've to use the most emasculating... It's just baffling, that is all.
Perhaps but I don't understand why out of all these terms available, they've to use the most emasculating... It's just baffling, that is all.

nothing wrong with protecting eachother btw. its not emasculating you are just insecure lol
Reply 6
nothing wrong with protecting eachother btw. its not emasculating you are just insecure lol

I don't feel in need of protection ? why's that insecure? girls feel the opposite. whenever u read about their dating preferences, they almost always prefer to date taller men because, they say, it makes them feel "small" and whatever. Are they insecure in their femininity as well?
I'm relatively in touch with my "feminine" side as a guy, I don't mind crying in front of a girl, I don't mind talking about my feelings, etc, etc. More and more guys are like that nowadays.

But I don't understand why girls de-sexualise us they by calling us cute. It's a word used for small, pretty things you want to protect. Like babies. Or kittens.

When you call a man you like that, he's feeling emasculated AF. Why not call him HOT? or even handsome? attractive? sexy (the best). What's with using this term to describe grown up men you wanna ****. Like, I get it if you use it to describe a friend or something. But guys you're romantically involved with?

haha you're pretty cute op
Personally, if I called my boyfriend that, I would mean it in the way that he has a sweet personality, e.g if he got me some flowers, I'd maybe say, "aww that was cute of you." Although, I can definitely get that it's downsizing if they call you "cute" in appearance. Idk though, I think it really depends on the context. Some people tend to call everything cute and it may be out of habit. No joke.
Reply 9
I don't find it particularly emasculating, it surprises me that other blokes do.
I don't feel in need of protection ? why's that insecure? girls feel the opposite. whenever u read about their dating preferences, they almost always prefer to date taller men because, they say, it makes them feel "small" and whatever. Are they insecure in their femininity as well?

Lol so if a girl called you beautiful or pretty will that make your insecure and feel emasculated? and erm no. youre generalising. all women dont need protection tbh you should care for eacother in a relationship
Original post by Lilligant22
Personally, if I called my boyfriend that, I would mean it in the way that he has a sweet personality, e.g if he got me some flowers, I'd maybe say, "aww that was cute of you." Although, I can definitely get that it's downsizing if they call you "cute" in appearance. Idk though, I think it really depends on the context. Some people tend to call everything cute and it may be out of habit. No joke.

Yeah im talking about looks here, not gestures. U look cute is quite different to doing something cute.
Lol so if a girl called you beautiful or pretty will that make your insecure and feel emasculated? and erm no. youre generalising. all women dont need protection tbh you should care for eacother in a relationship

I am not saying all ofc, a pretty sizeable chunk do though and it's not because they're insecure, it's how we evolved to be.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Huh

Some are cute, some are handsome, some gorgeous

Trouble is, you're applying your male interpretation of the term, rather than understanding the female interpretation of the same term. Rest assured that guys who girls think are cute get plenty of action.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending