The Student Room Group

Ideas for a gift for my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I are just finishing sixth form this summer, we've been together for a year and a half and I have never been happier. He's always been there for me and I would really like to get him a gift since we will both be going to different universities after the summer and will most likely be living 3-5 hours away depending on the grades that we both get... I was thinking of getting him some kind of jewellery since he would be able to wear it and think of me while we're apart, but what kind of thing would guys want? Maybe a good quality rope bracelet? A necklace or a ring? Or no jewellery at all? Please help!
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend and I are just finishing sixth form this summer, we've been together for a year and a half and I have never been happier. He's always been there for me and I would really like to get him a gift since we will both be going to different universities after the summer and will most likely be living 3-5 hours away depending on the grades that we both get... I was thinking of getting him some kind of jewellery since he would be able to wear it and think of me while we're apart, but what kind of thing would guys want? Maybe a good quality rope bracelet? A necklace or a ring? Or no jewellery at all? Please help!

Depends what your budget is but how about a watch?
Reply 2
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Depends what your budget is but how about a watch?

I’d say around the £30-£40 mark would be my maximum since I don’t have a job or anything. A watch is definitely a possibility but he has recently got a new one so I’m looking at other options too :smile:
I’d say around the £30-£40 mark would be my maximum since I don’t have a job or anything. A watch is definitely a possibility but he has recently got a new one so I’m looking at other options too :smile:

Best not to get a watch then if your budget is £40. How about a nice leather wallet :smile:

You don't have to get him a gift though, how about taking him out to dinner somewhere nice? £40 would buy quite a nice meal.
Depends, what's tour budget?
Reply 5
Original post by Volibear
What is he interested in?

He’s into computing, electronics and games, all that kind of stuff. I would buy him some computer parts or accessories but he’s already pretty much kitted out his computer as much as possible, plus I doubt I’d be able to get him much in terms of technology with my budget...

Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Best not to get a watch then if your budget is £40. How about a nice leather wallet :smile:

You don't have to get him a gift though, how about taking him out to dinner somewhere nice? £40 would buy quite a nice meal.

I would really like to get him something he can keep if possible. He got me a necklace for my birthday this year and I’ve always treasured it, so I’d like to give him something that he can treasure too. And unfortunately I’ve already given him a wallet in the past haha

Original post by Luke5125
Depends, what's tour budget?

About £40 at most :smile:
I saw this really sweet idea on a website recently - you basically get a jar and small pieces of paper. You write down things on the paper, like a memory with him e.g 'I loved going to this with you', things about him you love, stuff you want to do with him or maybe just cute love notes. Put the paper in the jar and decorate it if you want and give it to him, maybe tell him to read one each day. It's not jewellery but I thought it was a good idea for couples. Hope you find something!
Reply 7
Original post by RolyPolyLolly
I saw this really sweet idea on a website recently - you basically get a jar and small pieces of paper. You write down things on the paper, like a memory with him e.g 'I loved going to this with you', things about him you love, stuff you want to do with him or maybe just cute love notes. Put the paper in the jar and decorate it if you want and give it to him, maybe tell him to read one each day. It's not jewellery but I thought it was a good idea for couples. Hope you find something!

That is such a sweet idea! And would be very easy on my budget lol. Will have to try it someday!
some sexy time idk . men are animals
Have you got any photos of both of you together? Perhaps you could get a photo printed out and framed - he can put that on his desk at uni.
He’s into computing, electronics and games, all that kind of stuff. I would buy him some computer parts or accessories but he’s already pretty much kitted out his computer as much as possible, plus I doubt I’d be able to get him much in terms of technology with my budget...

I would really like to get him something he can keep if possible. He got me a necklace for my birthday this year and I’ve always treasured it, so I’d like to give him something that he can treasure too. And unfortunately I’ve already given him a wallet in the past haha

About £40 at most :smile:

How about a photo collage of you two together
A locket? Maybe a ring? (not a wedding one, maybe an engraved one with your own special message.)
Original post by winterscoming
Have you got any photos of both of you together? Perhaps you could get a photo printed out and framed - he can put that on his desk at uni.

Original post by Luke5125
How about a photo collage of you two together

Great ideas! We have lots of photos together since I’m into photography, so I have a lot to work with. :smile:

Original post by monkeyman0121
A locket? Maybe a ring? (not a wedding one, maybe an engraved one with your own special message.)

Yeah, I’m going to the local jewellery shops sometime next week to have a look around and will check if any do personal engravings since that would be a really nice touch.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

a Swiss Army knife keychain? a Zippo engraved with a football team emblem or something? two shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt, TM Lewin or Hawes & Curtis?
Original post by RolyPolyLolly

whilst i do appreciate to women this is "cute" to men such as i, i personally would cringe if i received this!!
Original post by CollectiveSoul
whilst i do appreciate to women this is "cute" to men such as i, i personally would cringe if i received this!!

I would love to receive something like that!
Original post by CollectiveSoul
a Swiss Army knife keychain? a Zippo engraved with a football team emblem or something? two shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt, TM Lewin or Hawes & Curtis?

He’s not a football fan, but other than that I’ll definitely consider these :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending