The Student Room Group

IELTS

Hi,
Even though I am an international student who has been studying English throughout my schooling, will I still need to write the IELTS?
Original post by chip21
Hi,
Even though I am an international student who has been studying English throughout my schooling, will I still need to write the IELTS?

It's very likely you will need to. If you check the university's entry requirements online it should state whether or not it is needed. Generally it is required of all international applicants as it is important to have a standardised test, regardless of what you have studied.
Original post by chip21
Hi,

Still need to do it when your IELTS expires. I’m an international student as well.
Original post by chieula2301
Still need to do it when your IELTS expires. I’m an international student as well.

Am an international student as well and been studying English my whole life. I am doing my Ielts test on 7th this month.
How was yours, just need an insight please.
Original post by Shish_bish
Am an international student as well and been studying English my whole life. I am doing my Ielts test on 7th this month.
How was yours, just need an insight please.

I did mine last year but I’m taking it again at some point in August to apply for UCAS.
I did mine last year but I’m taking it again at some point in August to apply for UCAS.

Is it easy?
Is it easy?

It depends, I was quite well prepared with listening and speaking, got 7.5 overall (which at that time I was only hoping for 6.5 or 7)
It depends, I was quite well prepared with listening and speaking, got 7.5 overall (which at that time I was only hoping for 6.5 or 7)

Thank 4 the heads up , I don’t think am even that prepared.
Thanks tho.
Any helpful websites you recommend
Thanks tho.

I got a 7.5 with no preparation, but grew up in the united states and of course had my whole education in english, some universities do exempt certain countries from submitting IELTS this needs to be checked on a per uni basis, but if you can get the result of 7.5 or above you can have basically absolute piece of mind. Its an easy test honestly.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I got a 7.5 with no preparation, but grew up in the united states and of course had my whole education in english, some universities do exempt certain countries from submitting IELTS this needs to be checked on a per uni basis, but if you can get the result of 7.5 or above you can have basically absolute piece of mind. Its an easy test honestly.

Been studying my whole life in English but in Africa, just moved to uk in my alevels but can’t do GCSE English so was told to do Ielts for ucas, applying in October. Doing my test at Reading uni.

Thanks a lot tho
Thanks tho.

If you have been learning english since you were young that’ll be a good advantage, i didnt revise my test through any website really, just went through what I had been told by my tutor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending