The Student Room Group

Can you add a level ucas points onto an UAL art foundation

I was wondering if you can add A level points onto UAL art foundation ones in an offer tariff.
Original post by Cecelia Tallice
I was wondering if you can add A level points onto UAL art foundation ones in an offer tariff.

Depending on the UAL FAD (level 4 doesn’t get tariff points) and the exact wording of your offer then yes.
Original post by PQ
Depending on the UAL FAD (level 4 doesn’t get tariff points) and the exact wording of your offer then yes.

I think mine was a level 4 course and I’ve been given tariff points??
I think mine was a level 4 course and I’ve been given tariff points??

The level 4 award does not attract UCAS tariff points (see qualifications ata a glance: http://www.arts.ac.uk/about-ual/awarding-body/qualifications/art--design/level-3-and-4-diploma-in-art--design---foundation-studies/ )

That doesn't mean it isn't suitable preparation for a university degree (level 4 means it is over half at first year of a degree level) - but it means that if you have a tariff point offer then you either need to meet that offer with tariff points from other qualifications or you need to ask the university concerned to amend you offer to one asking for a specific grade.
Original post by PQ
The level 4 award does not attract UCAS tariff points (see qualifications ata a glance: http://www.arts.ac.uk/about-ual/awarding-body/qualifications/art--design/level-3-and-4-diploma-in-art--design---foundation-studies/ )

That doesn't mean it isn't suitable preparation for a university degree (level 4 means it is over half at first year of a degree level) - but it means that if you have a tariff point offer then you either need to meet that offer with tariff points from other qualifications or you need to ask the university concerned to amend you offer to one asking for a specific grade.

Okay just realised that my course was level 3
Thanks for your help! Hopefully I can include the tariff points with my A levels. Otherwise I don’t know why they would have given me a conditional offer that I couldn’t possibly meet. The wording of the offer is “on the condition that you obtain 144 ucas points” but it doesn’t specify from which subjects. I have 92 from my A levels and should have 96 from this art foundation.
Thanks for your help! Hopefully I can include the tariff points with my A levels. Otherwise I don’t know why they would have given me a conditional offer that I couldn’t possibly meet. The wording of the offer is “on the condition that you obtain 144 ucas points” but it doesn’t specify from which subjects. I have 92 from my A levels and should have 96 from this art foundation.

If you're not sure then ring your university up and check with them whether they're including your A levels and foundation diploma (and double check that you're doing the level 3 FAD and not level 4)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending