The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Recording of lectures

Hi, I was just wondering if all lectures are recorded at the University of Bath? Thank you!
Original post by kat.cheng
Hi, I was just wondering if all lectures are recorded at the University of Bath? Thank you!

Hi! Most lectures are recorded. I know for Psychology that they are all recorded. Though I have heard complaints from friends who study different courses that some of their lectures aren't.

What are you hoping to study?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Worth noting that some lectures are NOT recorded. If you are planning on doing a Biology degree for example, the vast majority are not currently recorded. I was an SSLC rep responsible for bringing this up with the staff and the consensus was they didn't really see what the issue with that was, and most were under the impression that they were all recorded. Might be something worth asking about on open days with regards to your own course.

So what were you hoping to study? I know a bit about a few other subjects so might be able to help beyond Biology
Do you know if Education lectures are recorded?
Original post by beaverhausen
Hi! Most lectures are recorded. I know for Psychology that they are all recorded. Though I have heard complaints from friends who study different courses that some of their lectures aren't.

What are you hoping to study?
Hi there,
It depends on the department and the lecturer. From what I know, most departments record most if their lectures, but certain lecturers don't like to be recorded to won't allow it. I know from my course that the chemistry department records ALL lectures, biology records most of them (just certain lecturers won't record their lectures), and virtually all of the pharmacy/pharmacology lectures are recorded. My friend does sociology, and I know lots of them are recorded. It changes year by year, and by lecturer as I said, but the university does try to have most of them recorded.
I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a second year Natural Sciences student
Original post by kat.cheng

Quick Reply

Latest