The Student Room Group

Worst punishment at school, i.e. detention/isolation

I got on to a load of trouble recently and posted my experience here, anyone care to join?

Scroll to see replies

In school, in year 11, we had an isolation room at our naval school. And I lost some work, having been there, and went to look for it. When I went there, I was seen by a teacher and sentenced to 2 weeks of iso, and detentions.
However, on my first day of iso, before entering my cell, (a desk, with floor to ceiling wall, going back 2.5 metres and with a piece of wood covering the legs area, all facing the teacher) I slipped of my heavy Dr marten style boots. I was told not to do so, but went into my cell, and threw them back, and forgot about them. Then later on, we had a toilet break. However I forgot my boots which would not have been a problem if I were wearing black socks. Instead I was wearing plain white, knee high socks so there was no avoiding it ,and I got an extra two weeks of ISO and detentions. At least I was allowed to work without my shoes, so long as I wore black socks which I never did. Anyone else?
probably 7 detentions altogether and community service for a day. i didn't deserve a couple of those detentions (not having my planner signed on several occasions in year 8 for instance awarded me detentions).

i wish i got my detentions for something worthwhile the reasons why i got punished were pathetic. i wish i bunked off lessons and/or got suspended. i don't support retribution but i should've stood up for myself more without fearing authority throughout my secondary school years.

i wish i had punched my bullies at least once. they don't deserve it but it would've been temporarily satisfying.
Reply 3
Having our footballs taken off us, then having our personal CD players taken off us (I'm old).
Having to come in on saturday for 3 hrs for skipping class even if you only went for chips and curry at lunch time 😡 we had to come into isolstion for 11 so I guess you got a sleep in but left at 4:30 pm, separate cubicles with a desk with an angled mirror above you to see if you're on your phone. literally no talking for 5hrs this is the upgraded iso in the old one the teachers used to talk to you alot and they would change every hour, so alot of refreshing convos but this new one they never talked at all. I remember missing 3 weeks of lunches in a month due to going the shop at lunch 😂😂 Fair to say I absolutely despised my time there but would still love to go back.
Reply 5
I had internal suspension for one day, because I beat up the people bullying me in year 6. So basically I had to be in school but I wasn't in my classroom, I was in another room doing the work that they were doing, just by myself. I was initially going to be fully suspended, which I'd have preferred.
Our school don't have isolation rooms. So if you do something fairly unacceptable, such as cheating in your mocks or getting caught swearing on social media, you have to spend a week sitting at a desk in the corridor doing your work for the whole day. Glad it's never happened to me, but I can tell you it's not great when your whole school knows you've done something wrong.
Original post by chelseagirl2002
Our school don't have isolation rooms. So if you do something fairly unacceptable, such as cheating in your mocks or getting caught swearing on social media, you have to spend a week sitting at a desk in the corridor doing your work for the whole day. Glad it's never happened to me, but I can tell you it's not great when your whole school knows you've done something wrong.

Frankly, I preferred the isolation cells which I described earlier on, as I was facing the teacher, as we're about 30 other people In their own cells, so for instance with the boots and sock thing, I got of(nearly) and then fully. Also I was in a room, in a booth away, so only a few of my friends saw me, those who made a purposeful visit to see their condemned friend,😀
Original post by ElNiño
Having to come in on saturday for 3 hrs for skipping class even if you only went for chips and curry at lunch time 😡 we had to come into isolstion for 11 so I guess you got a sleep in but left at 4:30 pm, separate cubicles with a desk with an angled mirror above you to see if you're on your phone. literally no talking for 5hrs this is the upgraded iso in the old one the teachers used to talk to you alot and they would change every hour, so alot of refreshing convos but this new one they never talked at all. I remember missing 3 weeks of lunches in a month due to going the shop at lunch 😂😂 Fair to say I absolutely despised my time there but would still love to go back.

My cells were facing the teacher, and I had the leg and feet covered by a piece of wood with my number on it, so could still try and go on my phone. Also understand you, but I actually enjoyed Isolation towards the end (peace and quiet, more comfortable, own space, and at least I could always remove my uniform boots and jackets.
Original post by rainclouds-
probably 7 detentions altogether and community service for a day. i didn't deserve a couple of those detentions (not having my planner signed on several occasions in year 8 for instance awarded me detentions).

i wish i got my detentions for something worthwhile the reasons why i got punished were pathetic. i wish i bunked off lessons and/or got suspended. i don't support retribution but i should've stood up for myself more without fearing authority throughout my secondary school years.

i wish i had punched my bullies at least once. they don't deserve it but it would've been temporarily satisfying.

My original three were for no planner in year 11😑😑, the rest of the punishment for espionage and removing shoes in a closed of, private, one man booth were the teachers could not even see it, Sigh....
Original post by NapIngton
My cells were facing the teacher, and I had the leg and feet covered by a piece of wood with my number on it, so could still try and go on my phone. Also understand you, but I actually enjoyed Isolation towards the end (peace and quiet, more comfortable, own space, and at least I could always remove my uniform boots and jackets.

We had our back to the teacher and phones were banned from the premises so if you got it took off you you could end up not seeing it for a few days or even a week or 2 untill your mum or dad could collect it. I started actually enjoying it myself after awhile when I started just relaxing and concentrating on work, I nevee took my shoes off tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they moaned about that aswell.

In my school you could not have just a number 1 or 2 haircut, couldn't be past your eybrows in length if you was a boy and girls had to have them in a ponytail, no beards at all even stubble, girls were not allowed any make up even foundation, no false nails, eyelashes or nail varnish, was an absolute prison 😂
Original post by ElNiño
We had our back to the teacher and phones were banned from the premises so if you got it took off you you could end up not seeing it for a few days or even a week or 2 untill your mum or dad could collect it. I started actually enjoying it myself after awhile when I started just relaxing and concentrating on work, I nevee took my shoes off tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they moaned about that aswell.

In my school you could not have just a number 1 or 2 haircut, couldn't be past your eybrows in length if you was a boy and girls had to have them in a ponytail, no beards at all even stubble, girls were not allowed any make up even foundation, no false nails, eyelashes or nail varnish, was an absolute prison 😂

Then we had the same issue, phones were also taken of, as was all of our bags, and stuff apart from a pencil case. It was all put in a small locker, and they were issued randomly, but in the end I was such a regular😂, that I had my own cell, number 8, which was even worse as it was the most public one, and my own locker. I. Fact during my 4 weeks, I just left my bag, at the school, came In to school in high top converse shoes, (black) and just "changed the " or really just took then of, threw then back I. The cell and still walked around in white socks. The unfirom was like the one I'll show you, and white socks with that...
Attachment not found
My original three were for no planner in year 11😑😑, the rest of the punishment for espionage and removing shoes in a closed of, private, one man booth were the teachers could not even see it, Sigh....

yeah those type of punishments are bs. i mean signing a planner, really?? and the funniest part is after my first detention i never bothered to sign it afterwards so technically i didn't even learn my lesson. i feel for you some of these punishments are unnecessary
yeah those type of punishments are bs. i mean signing a planner, really?? and the funniest part is after my first detention i never bothered to sign it afterwards so technically i didn't even learn my lesson. i feel for you some of these punishments are unnecessary

Well, while I did hate detentions, where we had to write out rules😴, at least we were in a large theatre room, so I had my own area and all, but in isolation, I enjoyed it, as it gave me time to relax in school, and I could just do all my work in silence, with no distribution, and I had to remain in for break and lunch, but in winter... Also I did not learn my lesson, as I was allowed to take my boots of, and walked around in white socks in the room and to the toilet and back.. so it was a fun waste of time😀
But I feel sorry for you, all stupid and senseless detentions
Well, while I did hate detentions, where we had to write out rules😴, at least we were in a large theatre room, so I had my own area and all, but in isolation, I enjoyed it, as it gave me time to relax in school, and I could just do all my work in silence, with no distribution, and I had to remain in for break and lunch, but in winter... Also I did not learn my lesson, as I was allowed to take my boots of, and walked around in white socks in the room and to the toilet and back.. so it was a fun waste of time😀
But I feel sorry for you, all stupid and senseless detentions

oh that does sound so boring but yeah i feel the same cx i just feel like some schools should have certain rules while other schools have too many :/
an old teacher showed her rinkly bobs and vagene after I failed funsional skills for the 3nd time. i then covered her with lemon juice to make her invisble and got 6 lashes
Original post by rory_133
an old teacher showed her rinkly bobs and vagene after I failed funsional skills for the 3nd time. i then covered her with lemon juice to make her invisble and got 6 lashes

I can only feel sorry, for you and glad I was not you😀
oh that does sound so boring but yeah i feel the same cx i just feel like some schools should have certain rules while other schools have too many :/

Well then mine had way too many, and I actually enjoyed isolation, while it does not sound too fun, I actually had a fair bit of fun 😎😎
Reply 18
In Year 7 three students were suspended for bullying me in a group project and in a lesson. One of them kicked me in the ass during PE class (I felt the severe pain), and they left me behind at a place while going to another to do the project.
I got my Pokemon cards taken off me in yr 5

Even my shiny charizard :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending