Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImprobableCacti
Nope, and I have a great playlist :wink:

can you read?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88

Meaning read a book at work? No

Otherwise? Yes I guess?
I’m just a bundle of nerves now, my stomach constantly has butterflies and Thursday is all I can think about 😔
Meaning read a book at work? No

Otherwise? Yes I guess?

I had a friend who printed out law papers and such to read during downtime, maybe that may work to pass time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sureofit
I’m just a bundle of nerves now, my stomach constantly has butterflies and Thursday is all I can think about 😔

Hang in there :dumbells:
I had a friend who printed out law papers and such to read during downtime, maybe that may work to pass time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don’t really get downtime unfortunately, I’m working in a hospital trying to get through a massive backlog of invoices :frown:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey everyone,

Just quoting in everyone who's posted in this thread ahead of results to wish you all good luck :hugs: And hope today has gone well for anyone getting their results today :h:

Fingers crossed for you all! :crossedf: Whatever happens you have worked super hard and you should be proud.

If you haven't seen it yet, Peterhouse Admissions has their Confirmation queries thread here which might be helpful.

Spoiler

Thank you very much!
I don’t really get downtime unfortunately, I’m working in a hospital trying to get through a massive backlog of invoices :frown:

And you're not allowed to listen to music? That is brutal :frown:
Ignore if you don’t want to see a very long personal reflection and running commentary on my exam performance!

So in less than 48 hours I will find out whether I am going to Cambridge, LSE, or either entering clearing or retaking some A-levels. This is quite a nerve-wracking experience for me right now, especially since part of my Cambridge offer is to achieve an A* in further maths. So here’s a reflection of how well I’ve done:

Further maths (to achieve an A* I need to do well in FP2, FP3, D2 and S2, there are a lot of modules so I’ll just focus on those)

FP2 - Went very well (apart from a tricky deduce question I am reasonably confident I got everything right)
FP3 - Nothing else but a catastrophe
D2 - I thought this was very difficult, too many weird ‘explain that’ questions and an impossible Simplex algorithm. However, it did not seem like an exam that was meant to be difficult, so I’m quite concerned here.
S2 - This should’ve been a straightforward paper, however on one of the late questions, I put down the wrong hypotheses. It was a strange question, and nothing like it has appeared before. However, the rest of the paper was relatively straightforward so again I’m very worried about grade boundaries here.

Maths (I achieved an A* last year but it’s not ‘official’ yet. Some disappointing applied module scores with 79 in S1, but good core scores, with at least 90 in all four core modules, and 100 in C1 & C2)

Economics (should be my strong subject, but there are potentially a few problems that could be costly)

Paper 1 - Everyone came out of this relatively pleased, but I thought this went horribly. I misread a 25 mark question (on private & external costs, I focused mainly on external costs and how changes in private costs can correct the ‘externalities’) and didn’t finish by 1 point.
Paper 2 - Went very well. Macro is sort of my ‘niche’ interest in economics so I discussed quite a bit of complex theory.
Paper 3 - Who actually finished? Still had half a 25 marker to complete. Thankfully, according to teachers, grade boundaries for this paper should be low.

History (this is my weakest subject, if I did not have to achieve an A* in further maths I would have liked to have focused on this subject)

Russia - First two questions were alright, but I was very time-constrained on the last essay so could only write around 2 pages
Britain - Disastrous! Asked questions from the more obscure parts of the syllabus, and again the last essay was very rushed. I even forgot the name for the British Union of Fascists at one stage so wrote ‘Blackshirts’ instead.
Coursework - disappointing (only just an A), but only really matters at the grade thresholds.

So in the three subjects that I did this year, it is fair to say that none of them went smoothly or to plan.

Good luck to everyone on Thursday!
Original post by Jjjjznjsjsjwwnwn
My offer for law is A* in maths and chemistry and A in law and I've got the same problem, I think I've got an A* in maths and law but not in chemistry.. I have never been so scared hahah

Why would they want an A*A*A from you for law? I swear their law offer is A*AA not two A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile
It’s weird that the remainder of today, and tomorrow is [very likely] possibly the last day I’ll be a ‘Cambridge offer holder’

It’ll just be like ‘person who had a Cambridge offer that got away’ after that 😴
It’s weird that the remainder of today, and tomorrow is [very likely] possibly the last day I’ll be a ‘Cambridge offer holder’

It’ll just be like ‘person who had a Cambridge offer that got away’ after that 😴

:hand:

That's not going to happen :nope:
My offer for law is A* in maths and chemistry and A in law and I've got the same problem, I think I've got an A* in maths and law but not in chemistry.. I have never been so scared hahah

Original post by The RAR
Why would they want an A*A*A from you for law? I swear their law offer is A*AA not two A*s

Possibly Churchill? For 2018 they had typical A*A*A* / A*A*AA offers :s-smilie:
https://web.archive.org/web/20171216113547/https://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/study-us/undergraduates/subjects/law/

But seem to have removed that for 2019 applicants (new DoS...)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
:hand:

That's not going to happen :nope:

PRSOM 😁

That ain't great :/ good luck with all that! Seems like an arduous job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure everything will turn out great :smile: Fingers crossed you made your firm! Rooting for ya *\(^o^)/*

As an incoming St As student :tongue: your insurance ain't too bad as well :lol: but I'm sure it won't get to that point! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure everything will turn out great :smile: Fingers crossed you made your firm! Rooting for ya *\(^o^)/*

As an incoming St As student :tongue: your insurance ain't too bad as well :lol: but I'm sure it won't get to that point! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

May be controversial to say, but I liked the vibe of St A’s more than Cambridge, so I would be v happy with my insurance (except I’m convinced I’ve flopped to such a degree I’ll have to go to clearing😒)
Original post by Doonesbury
Possibly Churchill? For 2018 they had typical A*A*A* / A*A*AA offers :s-smilie:
https://web.archive.org/web/20171216113547/https://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/study-us/undergraduates/subjects/law/

But seem to have removed that for 2019 applicants (new DoS...)

Correct!

Yes, I did notice the change in requirements when I revisited the law page a few weeks ago. I wondered why that could be!
Correct!

Yes, I did notice the change in requirements when I revisited the law page a few weeks ago. I wondered why that could be!

Unlucky dude! :smile:

So if you do miss the Churchill offer but make the typical university offer (A*AA) you would at least be put in the Summer Pool.
Thank you!

May be controversial to say, but I liked the vibe of St A’s more than Cambridge, so I would be v happy with my insurance (except I’m convinced I’ve flopped to such a degree I’ll have to go to clearing😒)

Not controversial at all imo, glad you are happy with your insurance :smile: I'm sure you didn't flop to such a degree :yep: or flop at all! Stay positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending