The Student Room Group

Should I reapply to oxford?

So yesterday I received my A level results and achieved A*AA. I currently have an offer for biological sciences at Imperial, however I'm uncertain as to whether this is the right place for me. I've heard stories about the atrocious student life and living costs in London. I also currently live here in London so Imperial isn't exactly offering the new student experience that many picture when thinking about university life.

I've been in love with oxford ever since I first saw it last summer and am therefore tempted to reapply. Due to extenuating circumstances I have been told that I could retake a module for maths which would bump my grades up to A*A*A without it being detrimental to my oxford application.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by ScaredStudent99
So yesterday I received my A level results and achieved A*AA. I currently have an offer for biological sciences at Imperial, however I'm uncertain as to whether this is the right place for me. I've heard stories about the atrocious student life and living costs in London. I also currently live here in London so Imperial isn't exactly offering the new student experience that many picture when thinking about university life.

I've been in love with oxford ever since I first saw it last summer and am therefore tempted to reapply. Due to extenuating circumstances I have been told that I could retake a module for maths which would bump my grades up to A*A*A without it being detrimental to my oxford application.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :smile:

In your situation... I would reapply. If you'd like a new experience outside of London and such, I would go for it and try again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
In your situation... I would reapply. If you'd like a new experience outside of London and such, I would go for it and try again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, my parents are sceptical due to the prestige of Imperial, but ultimately its 3 years of life and I want to enjoy it. Thanks for your response!!
Original post by ScaredStudent99
Yeah, my parents are sceptical due to the prestige of Imperial, but ultimately its 3 years of life and I want to enjoy it. Thanks for your response!!

Going to Imperial is like a job is a description I've heard countless times... you go to uni, do your work, go home... not really a great student experience. But yes, it does open doors because it's a great university. Not the best place for undergraduate though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending