The Student Room Group

Weird but lucky scenario

One day, a hacker got into my parents’ eBay account. They ordered a very expensive MacBook Pro from an authorised seller. They deleted all the search history so we could not find out anything. They delivery came to my house and I signed the device after collecting it. I opened it to see what it is and it was a MacBook Pro. Cuz it was so expensive and unexpected, we called our parent (one of them) to check if they ordered it. They said no so we then went to our eBay account and saw the deleted searches. They were all laptops. The fraudster basically spent our money. But not we weren’t going to give it back if someone cam e9t collect it saying it was sent to the wrong address cuz we knew what would happen. We contacted the bank who refunded us and the seller who was selling the laptops. We asked if she needed the laptop back but she said it is a no return policy and she also doesn’t not want the MacBook anymore. They haven’t contacted us since. This happened around 4-5 months ago.

I was wondering if it was bad if we keep the MacBook as now it is no ones. The bank and the seller have not contacted us since for the laptop.

Someone help me in this!
Original post by NP89
One day, a hacker got into my parents’ eBay account. They ordered a very expensive MacBook Pro from an authorised seller. They deleted all the search history so we could not find out anything. They delivery came to my house and I signed the device after collecting it. I opened it to see what it is and it was a MacBook Pro. Cuz it was so expensive and unexpected, we called our parent (one of them) to check if they ordered it. They said no so we then went to our eBay account and saw the deleted searches. They were all laptops. The fraudster basically spent our money. But not we weren’t going to give it back if someone cam e9t collect it saying it was sent to the wrong address cuz we knew what would happen. We contacted the bank who refunded us and the seller who was selling the laptops. We asked if she needed the laptop back but she said it is a no return policy and she also doesn’t not want the MacBook anymore. They haven’t contacted us since. This happened around 4-5 months ago.

I was wondering if it was bad if we keep the MacBook as now it is no ones. The bank and the seller have not contacted us since for the laptop.

Someone help me in this!

Weird, very weird...

If it looks new then consider using it if you want to. I'd be a bit sceptical about using it for sensitive stuff like shopping in either case but..
Reply 2
if the buyer doesn't want it back, seems very fishy.
Reply 3
It is because she got refunded by the bank too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending