The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Confused about Biomedical science Entry Requirememts

"AAA-AAB including Biology or Chemistry, plus at least one from: Mathematics or Further Mathematics; Physics; Psychology; Biology; or Chemistry. General Studies, Use of Mathematics, World Development, Communication and Culture and Critical Thinking not accepted. GCSE Chemistry and Biology (minimum grade A or 7) and GCSE Mathematics and English Language (minimum grade B or 6) required if not offered at A or AS level. GCSE Combined Science (minimum grade A or 7) may be accepted."

I'm confused about the GCSE requirements? If I took Biology and Maths at A level, would I still need to meet the GCSE requirements?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by TSR_Ollie
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Haha thanks :'D still waiting for answers 👌👍
Reply 3
Original post by f0r6et
Haha thanks :'D still waiting for answers 👌👍

No, you would just need to meet the English GCSE
Original post by f0r6et
"AAA-AAB including Biology or Chemistry, plus at least one from: Mathematics or Further Mathematics; Physics; Psychology; Biology; or Chemistry. General Studies, Use of Mathematics, World Development, Communication and Culture and Critical Thinking not accepted. GCSE Chemistry and Biology (minimum grade A or 7) and GCSE Mathematics and English Language (minimum grade B or 6) required if not offered at A or AS level. GCSE Combined Science (minimum grade A or 7) may be accepted."

I'm confused about the GCSE requirements? If I took Biology and Maths at A level, would I still need to meet the GCSE requirements?

Hi

GCSE Mathematics and English Language (minimum grade B or 6) are required if you haven't taken them at A or AS level. If you have taken them at A level then you only need to meet the A level requirement.

Hope this helps :smile:

Valentina
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending